• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Coastal LRT 308 can on 5.56?

bharrison_06

Private
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2010
Ga
I just got in my costal lrt 308 can an its 5/8 -24 an its a k baffle. does someone make a adpater in go from 1/2-28 (ar-15 5.56) to the 5/8-24?? an i have ben told that the 5.56 could mess up the 308 can is that true or is that the guy just tryin to sell another can? has anybody ever done this an it worked out? thanks

Re: Coastal LRT 308 can on 5.56?

First of all, address any concerns you have with the manufacturer. Who else will know better?
You could check with Mark at TROSUSA.com to see if he can make the adaptor you want. It is not on his list though.
Gemtech website does have a 1/2x28 to 5/8x24 adaptor listed for $60.00.

Well they told me that i could shoot my 300 wsm threw it if that helps you..But he said that the 223 could mess it up .but if you can shoot a 300 wsm in it y not a 223?? i think they just wanted another sale..ive heard of alot of people shootin 223 threw a 308 in gemtect an other cans with no problems but never heard of that in the coastal.

yea thats what he said to me but he said it would work on the wsm. an yea i told him a ar-15 but he said that the 223 . could mess it up which is very hard to believe.. but he said it was 308 full auto ready. so the heat should not matter.. i think im goin to order the adpater an try it with some sub ammo 1st an run 30rds of normal 223 an check it

I don't think you will hurt it with 223 ammo if reasonable care is taken. Heat is a suppressor's worst enemy.
As far as support from Coastal, I know they had a shop in with Speed Shooter Specialties, a well known S&W race parts maker. maybe they are trying to answer your questions and just don't know enough about it.
Coastal cans, to me, seemed way over built. And very heavy!

oh ok i dont think it will either really unless i had full auto which i dont.(wish i could) but i dont see how it could mess it up really