• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Coating at Home Question

Re: Coating at Home Question

The wife will be so preoccupied with the induced headache that she'll hardly notice the smell.

She'll smell it next time the oven is used though...and the time after that...and the time after that...

I have used my house oven before...once..didnt do it again. It can get pretty rank and will leave an odor in the oven for a bit. My wife politely told me to keep my gun shit out of her 1200 oven....

I also have used my gas grill outside. It worked great and kept me out of the dog house. I eventually found an old locker at a garage sale and converted it to an oven and have been using it ever since. Its lowbuck and redneck looking but works flawlessly and cost less than a 100 bucks for the whole deal...

Bad enough that even my extremely understanding girlfriend freaks out. For my spray booth, I am using two 440 cfm inline duct fans that vent out a dryer duct. The room is odor free in 5 minutes after spraying.

You can always use the oven and then burn a pan of toast after you're done to cover the smell.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: keydiverfla</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for helping me avoid the ass whuppin. Time for plan B I guess. </div></div>
good plan...since you need a gas mask when applying this stuff, probably not a great idea to bake it in your house.