• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coating Tikka?

JMcBurn

Private
Minuteman
Oct 6, 2013
Toledo, OH
So, I have 2 tikka actions. Both of them the receiver loves to get surface rust on them pretty quickly. So I am thinking about coating them, but don't want to do something that will make them less smooth than they are already.

So any suggestions for coating to do the receivers?

Anyone know the cost to DLC an action and who you guys recommend? I have used richter precision in the past at work for coatings and had decent luck with them, but I hear on the gun stuff they aren't very good.

I've had two Tikka barreled actions with bolts Cerakoted by LongRifles Inc. Superb work, bordering on perfect. They know how to handle Tikkas.

-Stooxie

I had my Tikka action cerakoted with I assume the normal, flat (i.e., not shiny) version and it is no longer as smooth as it was. Time and use have smoothed it out somewhat, but it's not as silky as it was.

In retrospect I wish I had just sprung for a stainless action and stuck with that, especially with stainless aftermarket barrels.