• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cobb BA-50 50 bmg Rifle

gv3rd

Private
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2012
Clanton, AL
I have the opportunity to purchase a Cobb bolt action 50 bmg rifle from a friend. He is asking for $3500 for the rifle and 100 rounds of ammo. No scope.

I've found very little information about the rifle as it was eventually sold to bushmaster. Anyone have any input on this rifle. Should I jump on it or walk away? I have the money, but don't want to end up with a boat anchor.

Thanks ahead for any input.

A friend of mine has the bushmaster version and its a nice gun. It shoots great, and the recoil is soft. Buy it, but try and get him closer to $3000.

I've read good things about the bushmaster, but I also read they made few changes to the Cobb design. Anyone know what is different or if the Cobb is as good?

I had a cobb, got the rifle because of the LH bolt. I had some issues with the chamber, but they took care of it and it shot good, but not as good as I needed it to.
Very soft recoil, as the break is top notch. If your looking at getting a 50 for competition, it's not the one.
If you want something to hunt and plink with, buy it.
It's a good dependable rifle, soft recoil and goes bang every time.

Thanks. That's the info I was looking for. Just looking for something to put a smile on my face, not competition. Just didn't want to end up with something that was nothing but problems.

I think you ought to consider a Barrett 95. It's near your price range and is very reliable. Good accuracy, bolt action, bullpup design. All 50's have a pretty stout kick, so set aside $1000+ for a scope that can handle the recoil.