• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cobra custom foam for Pelican 1750

Meyer1784

Private
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2017
Just ordered custom cobra foam for my pelican 1750. They claim all they need is a picture of your rifle and accessories to make an exact fit. Anyone have experience with them? Would love to hear reviews or see pictures of the work they have done for you

Attachments

• 8ABFDB07-DB1A-4446-91DD-BF7C20F7713C.jpeg
    8ABFDB07-DB1A-4446-91DD-BF7C20F7713C.jpeg
    352.2 KB · Views: 126
I haven't used them, but I have heard of other companies offering same thing (shoot over pic, will get exact cut). Sounds cool, must be a simple software out there

probably no different than any CAD software. if they know an exact measurement of any one length of anything in the piture, they can develop a scale and trace everything out and send to a CNC cutter.

I've used turkey carver and razor blade/filet knife as well. Never mastered turkey cutter. Carolina Custom Foam quoted $45 to do custom cut rifle plus the $20 or whatever for the foam. Same as mentioned above, just send photo laid out. I was impatient and went old school and did myself

Just ordered custom cobra foam for my pelican 1750. They claim all they need is a picture of your rifle and accessories to make an exact fit. Anyone have experience with them? Would love to hear reviews or see pictures of the work they have done for you
Put the pics up when they finish.
FYI, always orient the rifle scope up towards the handles.

R

Reactions: GJ0
Got my foam back today and it looks amazing! No tracing or sending my rifle off. Just sent them a picture and this is what I got in the mail today. Total price for 2 pieces of foam and custom cutting was around $100

Attachments

• CDF039B8-1BEC-45C7-8CB7-AEDF0B3DAD2B.jpeg
    CDF039B8-1BEC-45C7-8CB7-AEDF0B3DAD2B.jpeg
    708.6 KB · Views: 121
Reactions: deltawiskey
:eek: OMG, put stuff in there and take another picture! (y)

:D What do they say? A picture is worth a thousand words. :cool:

That looks great! Now just turn the foam around so that your optics are up near the handle and you are good to go.

That looks sharp! Definitely a lot cleaner looking than my sharpie tracing/fillet knife cutout. @Meyer1784 , what was the total turn around time for your custom cutout after you sent them the picture?

-
I have one ( nichrome wire & 12v car battery set-up ) . they work pretty slick and clean cutting foam and styro . but like anything else you need to do a lot of cutting to be good and stay proficient . and I only use it a dozen times for project the last ten years .

Ye
-
I have one ( nichrome wire & 12v car battery set-up ) . they work pretty slick and clean cutting foam and styro . but like anything else you need to do a lot of cutting to be good and stay proficient . and I only use it a dozen times for project the last ten years .
ah it’s really suited for cutting styro but works well on kyzen foam and yes it takes practice for sure. But is so much cleaner than a turkey carver or whatever. But the send a picture option is really sweet too.