• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Cobra Kai on netflix today

This is awesome, really got into it. Watched it twice.

Waiting on the next season now.

Really like how they put it together --original actors, old story but a new story too, flipping roles, etc. Not the usual reboot bullshit. Keeping the same actors was great. Pretty sure Elisabeth Shue will be in the next season too.

Waiting for the Elisabeth Shue cameo. :love:

elisabeth-shue-ali.jpeg

How much did Coors pay for that product placement? Whole family thinks it’s funny I’m watching it. But hey. I’m a kid of the 80’s.

Binge watched the whole thing in a weekend. Loved it, but that's gotta be the biggest cliffhanger I've ever seen at the end of season 2...

I like the spin on it being more about Johnny than Daniel.

My wife loves the fact that Johnny makes fun of all the “kids nowadays” as weak and undisciplined (trying to use nice language). His one-liners crack us up.

Fantastic, nostalgic series.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
Watched it on YouTube when it first came out, a nice sequel/remake.

Gotta love Johnny and his smile/smirk at the end of several episodes.
“What’s a Facebook”. Priceless.

If you were a kid of the 80s and a Karate Kid fan this is for you. I also love how it is anti-woke, not politically correct, and harkens back to a Clint Eastwood style of fitness that involves alcohol, fitness, and self defense into one discipline. Third season coming up, I am hoping they can keep up the clever writing...

I really enjoyed the first season. Still need to catch up on the second season. Looking forward to binging through two seasons!

Daniel Larusso was always the real bully..

• Haha
Reactions: Davo308
I agree SilentStalkr. I finished it last night with my wife and mother in law and we all loved it. Absolutely can’t wait for season 4. Season 3 just kept getting better and better. The Finale was tops.

Binge watched the whole 3rd season last night. Holee fuck, I love this show. They tied up a fuck ton of loose ends not only from the previous two seasons, but from the movies as well.

I love the flashbacks we get on John Kreese, this whole season was largely about him and his back story. Pretty obvious that the Terry Silver character will figure prominantly in season 4.

Was told I needed to watch it by a buddy. But sort of resisted because I actually hated Karate Kid... When it came out I was out of HS and it all seemed pretty lame as a movie! Didn't even see it until years later on HBO and it was still lame. Though I liked the old cars.

But started to watch Cobra Kai and it is hilarious!!!

Watching what the characters have turned into in middle age is just hilarious, not because of Karate Kid, but I can picture all the 'teen' movies as 35 years later... Ah ha ha haha ha.

The whole thing is like a train wreck, but one you can't look away from! Enjoying the heck out of it! The level of satire and dark humor is off the chart, too.

"Are you purging and not telling me???"

Cheers,

SIrhr

Cancel culture has come for the show too -- cultural appropriation, not enough diverse characters ...

All the more reason to watch if you ask me -- to hell with cancel culture.
Exactly. It makes fun of cancel culture brilliantly. Weak kids. Weak parents. Kids need a dose of wake up and toughen up.

Another reason I like this show!

Sirhr

The story line is cheesy as hell. As and 80's child....graduated HS in 86 I can't stop watching. Blow through a season in no time. Strike first...Strike Hard....No Mercy. Soundtrack takes me back to many memories.