• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coca Cola Pauses Advertising

I don't have a fakebook account, but from what I hear most of the hate speech is against whites.

There is even a few screen-captured FB posts in the MPT showing FB mods basically turning a blind eye to blatant hate speech and genocidal threats against white people... It is downright chilling, and I do not believe that there is any time in the civilized West and East after 1945 when things have looked so volatile and ready to spontaneously combust at any time...

Great.. way to ruin one of my favorite lines. It was fairly fitting of the times too!

giphy (9).gif

Advertising money is a tax write-off. Their choice is to either pay it to the govt or use it for advertisement. A company like Coke can use those dollars to manipulate and control those that want their money.
Just as you are seeing in this threat to social media.
While I don't believe Mark Dicksuckerburg is going to make a big announcement of concession to these corporate pirates. Behind closed doors change will be made.
Socialized censorship. The government doesn't have to censor you when every platform available is doing it for them.
Like coke even needs to advertise. Unless they come out with a new shitty flavor, they don’t need to advertise.

The title thread, "Coca Cola Pauses Advertising"...I thought might mean, "Coca Cola 'Pauses' Advertising," referring to a line of advertising they had decades ago built around the slogan, "Coca Cola, The Pause That Refreshes."

That reminded me of something a friend of mine used to say. We'd be out on a farm somewhere working cattle all morning. No one wants to stop, because once you get a rhythm going and you have the cattle flowing through, stopping for anything messes that up and it takes a while to get it back. Finally, after he couldn't hold it anymore, he'd have to stop and step behind the truck to take a piss. Relieved, he'd invariably say on returning, "Man, that beats Coca Cola for The Pause That Refreshes!"

Reactions: lash and MtnCreek
If you have to have a social media acct., switch to https://parler.com/ . Farcebook and Twiddler are bleeding members and revenue. If Trump would quit whining and dump twitter that would probably finish them off.

I heard about this yesterday, guess it was started by Dan Bongino. I don't have social media but I'm tempted to start now because of this, and Dan's one of the good guys.

Reactions: army_eod
Coke was likely told by Bain or McKinsey /whomever their consulting company is, to suspend advertising to save half your budget and make it look like you are“socially advocating” while really doing nothing other than saving money.

This is very likely. 95% of corporate America's response to Covid, social unrest, the riots, etc. can pretty much be summed up by "cut services/hours/product/hiring to save money, but look as if we're doing something helpful".

Coke itself said that it's not joining any boycott. What they are likely doing is using this moment to gain some leverage. It's a corporate flex.

Though it really cuts a dry throat I quit it years ago. 28 grams of sugar in each bottle, your dentists best friend. If they'd put the cocaine back in, maybe 😎 (y):D.

Though it really cuts a dry throat I quit it years ago. 28 grams of sugar in each bottle, your dentists best friend. If they'd put the cocaine back in, maybe 😎 (y):D.
I switched to zero cherry tastes just like the sugary variant.

I don't have a fakebook account, but from what I hear most of the hate speech is against whites.

Either the white supremacist referenced in the article is directed at trump supporters or I'm on a different Facebook. The amount of hate directed at cops and white people is fucking amazing. If white people posted some of that shit, we would have the cops beating down our door and arresting us for hate crimes.

I read the article, and it all seemed rather ambiguous what their grievance is. Like Bradu mentioned above, the hate is coming from the left. Always has. Somehow I don’t think they want censorship for the snowflakes.

Reactions: Bradu
If coca-cola pauses advertising long enough we may see a drop in kidney related illness, less obesity, reduced cases of high blood pressure, fewer cavities, less rampant heart disease, maybe less cancer...

They are performing a public service. If they were sincere about doing good they would put that saved money towards reducing childhood onset diabetes. If they wanted to do no harm they would simply shut the whole thing down and cease operations.