• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coharie MP5 question.

nightwolf0215

Private
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2013
Southern California
I have 2 Coharie CA 94:

Gun A: is a a shorter 16 flutes 3 lugs pin and welded with an extension from factory with serial AGA XXX. It has a thick coat finish that looks quite nice. The mount section has 2 holes and the thick coat seems to interfere with the mounting of low profile mount. F style hook and paddle release. Ambi Style lower with plastic trigger box.

Gun B: has the full length barrel with serial AID XXX. It has a thin coat finish that looks also nice. F style hook but no paddle release. regular Navy look alike US lower.

Can anyone tell me more about these serials? I just want to know which is newer and why is the difference in model markings? I want to keep one and I am determining which to keep.

Also about accuracy. would the shorter 3 lugs with pin and welded extension be any less accurate than the full 16"? I use this one for tactical shoot and I wonder if the shorter barrel might be a problem at shorter distance about 25-50 yards.

Here are the photos:

Side by Side:

IMG_3849_zps006b5eb8.jpg

Gun A:

IMG_3850_zps94cb206c.jpg

IMG_3853_zpsd087c830.jpg

Gun B:

IMG_3851_zps90e7b528.jpg

IMG_3852_zpse15cb8ef.jpg

Last edited: