• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cold Bore + Small Target

SicVic

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2021
Michigan
Hello Hide!

Attaching another video that is Multipurpose.
First being; I'm just working on my video creating/editing skills so I know I can expect some feedback.

Secondly; this is somewhat of a follow-up to the video I posted 2 weeks ago where I shot the 22 case.
User "Doc" pointed out politely that the shot was BS and was only shot from 16 feet rather than the 415 yards I claimed....
Alright alright, it wasn't that quite like that. He really just suggested that I try to support it with more footage.
Off that suggestion I tried to add in footage and audio that gives a bit more volume to the shots.

Last yet most important to me.
Why I make the video and why I shoot the stuff I do.
Cold Bore and my term "informational shooting".
This aspect gets really overlooked.
It's way more fun to buy a purple Race gun, post pictures and have everyone tell you how cool it is.
More fun to buy the newest gadget and talk about how it definitely shrank your group by .0006745".

The down side is this can suck people into forgetting that basic fundamentals and worse yet head new shooters down an ugly/expensive rabbit hole.

By using the first shot of the day with a small target it's like running your own training course each time you shoot.

Will the bullet travel the speed for which you built it to do?
Are you understanding the distortion from light through the scope?
Does your B.C. respond to the distance relative to zero distance?
Calling environmental correctly?
Inputting correctly into your calculations system?
Your physical condition/position on the gun.
Scope adjustment/setup.
Now throw in that Uber small target and rip the trigger.
Shooting spotters then printing a small group "someplace" on a target is not the same thing.
Both have value but I'm trying to rekindle the importance of the stepchildren.
Anyways, video feedback would be great or maybe you like this type of training too?
Hope y'all are well!

Nice video. The first part getting set up in the house was too dark. Couldn't see enough detail. The inset video of the downrange camera was well done. How did you sync the video streams when editing?

Scary carpet
Scary expensive....
We had this installed recently at $75.00 per square foot.
It was designed Retro and is apparently used throughout a lot of the Stars homes along the Malibu area of California.

Nice video. The first part getting set up in the house was too dark. Couldn't see enough detail. The inset video of the downrange camera was well done. How did you sync the video streams when editing?
I would need to bring in some sort of artificial lighting I guess.
I have some shop lights that I could try.
You're right about the details and grainyness of the video.
So recently the editor I used introduced Picture in Picture and it allows me to essentially edit two videos and overlay them.
Run one video at regular time and then cut the sections and import them into the correct timeline.
One camera at each end then just chop as necessary.
Great suggestions; thanks for commenting.

Vic

Nice vid. I wouldn't care how bad my groups were, I just want to be able to lay on my living room floor and be able to shoot 417 yards! Mac(y)

Reactions: SicVic
What would be the recommendation for a better suited forum other than the Pit if I were to post a similar video and was looking for feedback??
Thanks for the help!

Vic