• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ColdBore 1.0 Phone version

oneshot.onehit

Trigger Puller
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2010
USA
Just trying to find the correction or reasoning behind a few issues.

Also note that in order to try to correct the existing problem all files were deleted for a second go around - and nothing has corrected itself other then I lost a years worth of GPS recorded target positions.

The GPS system works perfect but when trying to use the local weather feature- with or without the WiFI on the weather feature does not pull anything in. Not a big deal because I can enter in the info needed - DA from another source. But still the weather program is part of the system and I'm wondering why it doesn't function.

My main concern is the Spin Drift function.
As seen in the pictures my bullets will hit 29.5" high at a 100 yard target when using the center crosshair. So I enter in the parameters zero range = 100 yards Zero Height = 29.5 which would give me a 8.1 mil hold under to hit a 1" dot a 100 yards - simple.

But when I engage the Spin Drift function the ColdBore wants the impact corrected at a 100 yards with a 4.6 mil hold to the right? We have ran this same scenario in AB, Trasol, FFS and they all start the spin drift beginning point at 100 yards with a slow correction as needed once you get out a ways using the same 29.5" vertical offset in the sight system. Versus the questionable aggressive negative 4.6 mils right out of the gate with ColdBore - from what I see it runs a strong negative Right Hold or Dial then slowly hits a zero correction at where the center of the crosshair would be at a given distance - for example when doing a hold under at a 100 yard target ( 8.1 Mils) down, the center of the crosshairs would be in the area of a 1725 yard impact. At that point the ColdBore has walked its Spin Drift correct from a strong right back to nothing at 1725 yards and then starts it's corrections for holding left as the targets go beyond the 1725 yard point. In reality this should all start from 100 yards and slowly correct the shooter as he stretches out as done in the other programs listed, not a hard right and then to point zero at 1725 and then slowly left after. I ran a Track on the same rifle, bullet profile with a zero offset correction for a 100 yards as most folks have and the difference in the left - right hold is enough to be a concern when under a time restraint and limited rounds allowed.

At the KO2M last year I had a hard copy of the spin drift corrections using a true 100 zero - no offsets and then ran the other track with the 29.5" inch offset and the spin drift function shut off in order to give me spot on vertical corrections past 3000 I just had to remember to add the spin drift required on my hard copy with the wind corrections posted in the ColdBore. At the end we parked the ColdBore and used my partners Field Firing Solutions - the least amount of thinking and re-corrections the better when under pressure.

So here are a few pictures of the screens - as stated I dumped everything and started with clean files hoping the glitches would go away but they didn't. For the folks who are running the same system enter this info in and run a test run and see what changes when you turn the spin drift function on and off as far as the corrections ColdBore wants at a 100 yards for example with the windage holdoff.

Attachments

• photo83705.jpg
    photo83705.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 15
  • photo83706.jpg
    photo83706.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 15
  • photo83707.jpg
    photo83707.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 13
  • photo83708.jpg
    photo83708.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 14
  • photo83709.jpg
    photo83709.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 15
  • photo83710.jpg
    photo83710.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 17
  • photo83711.jpg
    photo83711.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 17
FYI I run version 1.0.5.0 and don't have any of the issues mentioned above. Weather works, SD is right on the money. Same for Desktop version 1.0.7.0

IIRC you posted a similar question sometime ago. Have you updated your phone since then?

Impressive performance past 3000!

I deleted files and started over, what is the correct way of updating? A uninstall and reinstall of the program within the Panasonic system?

Yes nice preformance on the 375.

Oneshot

I deleted files and started over, what is the correct way of updating? A uninstall and reinstall of the program within the Panasonic system?

Yes nice preformance on the 375.

Oneshot

Turn on the wifi connection on the Panasonic and let the phone update by itself, allow enough time for the service to check and download all the updates. Sometimes I just go to the Store and tap on the downloads and updates. This is what I do on my Windows 10 device. If you uninstall the program, you will lost your license and data, at least this is what happens with most licensed apps. What I do in order to avoid skipping any update is doing the aforestated procedure every month.

Despite your SD having vertical corrections being spot on past 3000 spoke volumes about the program's performance.

Thanks LastShot300 for the tip everything's seems to be working SD and weather now.

oneshot