• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Competition Events Coleman’s Creek PRS

502Chevelle

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2014
Charlotte NC
Just got back from ROing at CC. Had a good time and the squads were good. Some very good shooters out today. Winds were switchy and came up pretty strong in the afternoon. Made it challenging for sure on my stage which was an 868yd uspsa target. Ran into Rob01, hadn’t seen him in a long time, he shot my stage well. He is the real deal, and when he gives advice on here, it is from real world experience. Good guy. Spotted for KJ on the 1 mile plate, man that’s a long way, but his little dasher gotter done! Over all a good day spent with the shooters in the southern US.

Thanks for the kind words. Good chatting with you also. Unfortunately a quick chat and then move stages so we could get done before the rain. LOL Those winds were definitely switchy and caught me on a few of the targets on your stage. Coleman's Creek is a great place to shoot. Didn't get a lot of pics but here's one from your stage. Ended up coming in 8th out of 101 shooters. Not bad for an old guy shooting a 6.5 Creedmoor with factory ammo. LOL

IMG_3366.jpg

I’ve got to get over there at some point. We just got back to the inner banks after a decade + hiatus since leaving Lejeune. Sounds like it was a good time.

Reactions: 502Chevelle
I'm glad to hear there was such a great turnout. I'm really focused on my ELR game right now, and will be over there next week for the mile, but happy to see some PRS activity there, because I'm sure I'll be back to that in due course.

Reactions: 502Chevelle
I'm glad to hear there was such a great turnout. I'm really focused on my ELR game right now, and will be over there next week for the mile, but happy to see some PRS activity there, because I'm sure I'll be back to that in due course.

You will really like the mile range now. I was a member back around 2020 but haven't been there in a couple years and back then it was a dirt pad and now it looks like that pic above with a large cover, benches and artificial grass. They made it a great place to shoot.

You will really like the mile range now. I was a member back around 2020 but haven't been there in a couple years and back then it was a dirt pad and now it looks like that pic above with a large cover, benches and artificial grass. They made it a great place to shoot.

Yes, I've been there since the updates. It was a dirt pad with 2 rocks and a plastic table, now as you say it is a really nice place to set up and shoot for a day. I made it a point to stop and thank them for all the work the first time I saw it.

Reactions: Rob01
First time at Colemans creek yesterday. Great venue and will definitely be there again. Not the best Shooting day as I fought dope and the kestrel,but had a great bunch of guys on squad 1

Yup squad one was a good squad yesterday. We moved along good and had some good guys to chat with.

Just got back from ROing at CC. Had a good time and the squads were good. Some very good shooters out today. Winds were switchy and came up pretty strong in the afternoon. Made it challenging for sure on my stage which was an 868yd uspsa target. Ran into Rob01, hadn’t seen him in a long time, he shot my stage well. He is the real deal, and when he gives advice on here, it is from real world experience. Good guy. Spotted for KJ on the 1 mile plate, man that’s a long way, but his little dasher gotter done! Over all a good day spent with the shooters in the southern US.
Hey, me and @CigarKing were also out there! If yours was the 868 stage, that would've been stage 4? I was the short king with the sp10 who was really having a bad time early on with both tall barricades and with bad rifle setup/accessories. I learned a lot out there, watching videos on how to prepare can only get you so far, nothing beats getting out there and figuring out on the fly what works and what doesn't. I started getting more hits towards the end of the day after a couple bad stages. The wind was definitely fickle especially towards noon.

I'll definitely be back out to colemans at some point for another match, I need to redeem myself on some of those stages haha.

Yes you do but if close enough well worth joining. It was just too far for me to be my primary range.

Reactions: roostercogburn98
Yes you do but if close enough well worth joining. It was just too far for me to be my primary range.
We don’t live too far apart if I remember correctly. Too far for me to drive on a regular basis as well, that’s why I never looked deeper into it. I don’t even want to drive to Frontline. I mostly stick to The Range Complex and shoot 600 and in.

We don’t live too far apart if I remember correctly. Too far for me to drive on a regular basis as well, that’s why I never looked deeper into it. I don’t even want to drive to Frontline. I mostly stick to The Range Complex and shoot 600 and in.

Yeah Frontline is almost the exact same time to Coleman’s for me so I go to Woody’s now they have 1000 yards now so that’s good.

Reactions: roostercogburn98
Any of you guys shoot closer to OBX ever? Things have changed a lot since we lived here last. I’m a couple hours east of frontline defense outside of Raleigh. I thought there was a good range in onslow county but I can’t seem to remember the name. The local PD let’s me shoot on their range but basically up to 40 yards so no use for anything but my handguns and short range training.