• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

College World Series

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Tonight,

Virginia<----->South Carolina

and

Florida <--------->Vandervilt

Winners play for the CWS

Any predictions?

I think that either SC or Virginia will take it all.

Re: College World Series

top of the 13th....tied 2-2. If I had a fingernail left Id chew it.

<span style="font-size: 20pt"> Awwwwwwwww</span> <span style="color: #CC0000"> shit</span>

Remember what I told you earlier when you were getting excited about Virginia's win. If their hitting showed up a little better in this series their pitching would have carried them for sure.

That being said SEC baseball is about as tough as it gets right now. And the finals will prove out my opinion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Remember what I told you earlier when you were getting excited about Virginia's win. If their hitting showed up a little better in this series their pitching would have carried them for sure.

That being said SEC baseball is about as tough as it gets right now. And the finals will prove out my opinion. </div></div>

Yep, we had the bases loaded in the top of the 12th and 13th and couldnt capitalize. Proud of the boys, though, its a young team and will be back. Im pickibng SC.

The way the VA and SC game ended just made me sick. VA leaving 6 runners on base in the last 2 innings and then losing on errors. Talk about just giving it away.

How long can these guys keep squeaking by? No discredit to them but how the fuck do you load the bases with no outs in the bottom of the 9th and not score a single run?

Pretty magic stuff, the one thing I know about college baseball is "when it's meant to be, it's meant to be" I've seen crazier things happen.

One thing you can say about this years college world series is that it has not been dull. Being that my UNC Heels got knocked out, and none of my TX teams could seem to get to the finals either, I suppose I am going to have to pull for SC. It just feels wrong, but it would be cool to see them win the CWS as the last team in the old stadium and the first team in the new stadium.

Embarrassing showing by UF. Leaving that many runners in scoring position is just shameful. And the pitches they were swinging at.....it was like watching little league.

Hats off to SC, they did what they had to do. And clearly were the better team on the field for this series.

Being from Omaha, what did everybody think of the new ballpark?

I think the park was first class. I can't quite grab a hold of their reasoning for spending that much money to accommodate one event annually. It's hard to believe that the CWS brings in enough revenue to justify the return on that investment.

Rosenblatt served the venue very well for many years. It appeared to me also that the prevailing winds and the afternoon sun was a little less player friendly than Rosenblatt.

Omaha does an outstanding job with the CWS. I wish them continued success with the new venue and their hosting of the CWS, that they have handled wonderfully over the years.