• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Colonial Pipeline Hack....

Hobo Hilton

Private
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2011
Pacific Northwest
One more opportunity for Government over reach....

The Transportation Department said on Tuesday it was evaluating whether a temporary waiver of the Jones Act is needed to ensure gasoline supply after the ransomware attack on Colonial Pipeline.

Last edited:
I mean.. seeing as the pipeline mostly runs up a blue coast -- turn the damn thing off forever. They don't need those evil fossil fuels anyway. Just shut it off permanently right about the east edge of Florida.

Too bad old retard fuckwit, ahem, I mean President Biden, killed the Keystone pipeline. Because, fuck oil, right? lol

I think this is great. Shut it all down, everything, give it one month -- won't be but a tiny handful of the left remaining and they won't be left anymore, either.

I mean.. seeing as the pipeline mostly runs up a blue coast -- turn the damn thing off forever. They don't need those evil fossil fuels anyway. Just shut it off permanently right about the east edge of Florida.

Too bad old retard fuckwit, ahem, I mean President Biden, killed the Keystone pipeline. Because, fuck oil, right? lol

I think this is great. Shut it all down, everything, give it one month -- won't be but a tiny handful of the left remaining and they won't be left anymore, either.
Well.... You know...... If we all had electric cars, it would not be a big deal.
Going to have to hire the Chinese tankers to come here and bring oil from the Gulf Coast to New England...

How many of you people on the East Coast are caught short, without even a couple 5-gal Gerry Cans of fuel stashed for "just in case"? I'll bet it's far and few between.

Reactions: skinney_7
How many of you people on the East Coast are caught short, without even a couple 5-gal Gerry Cans of fuel stashed for "just in case"? I'll bet it's far and few between.

I'm on the western side of the US.
I burn more fuel than that daily, so I've never bothered. I'd have to have 500+ gallons stored to have any meaningful storage. Nothing like storing something that has a short shelf life so it expires before you can use it. Oil will keep, refined gas and diesel? 12 months or less and it's hit or miss if it's still good.

I do live 150 miles from 2 refineries, so I'm not too worried.

I welcome the electric cars so more idiots can pay me to install charging stations. The instant they mention one my price goes up, because I know the level of stupid I'm going to deal with.

I'm always rotating my stock of Premium Non Ethanol (Corn-free), if it doesn't get used in the Snowmobile, ATV, or Chainsaw, it goes in the Truck and the cans are replenished with fresh.

Reactions: Frank Warren
Get used to stuff like this. The internet of things is only going to grow - gas, power, street lights, cash registers, etc. will all potentially be exposed to every person on the planet (thanks Starlink!). Entire cities will be held hostage in the future. Stupid bastards don't even bother trying to construct secure enclaves to protect it. Hell, look at how many retards have their door locks and home appliances hooked up to the internet.

I'm down to about 17 gallons. I usually keep 30 gallons handy. Those 13 gallons that I've used is planned usage. So far, we haven't experienced any gas shortages, however we have seen a 10 cent per gallon increase.

They should start hacking into the computers on cars and just turned them off how funny would that be. Computers are just switches which everyone plugged into that you can't protect or control.Pipeline learned the hard way that computers did save them money from hiring a humans all these years but now they must pay up for that false savings.

I can tell you it’s affecting my job now. We use lots of jet fuel everyday. Hundreds of thousands of gallons of it. As for me personally, I have a 100 gallon tank on my truck that I filled up,Friday. I’ll be good for 3 or four months on that one tank.

Reactions: stefan73
The pipeline does not go here (central Fl), but that has not stopped the herd from panicking,
there have been lines at the pumps.
But not as bad as the lines to obtain fuel during approaching hurricanes.
Most of our vehicles and the house genset are Diesel, I typically keep about 300 gallons around.
I like Diesel fuel, if treated w/ chemicals, it lasts a very long time in storage.

Hmm. Biden shut down Keystone, Whitmer trying to shut down another. Now this. Definite pattern here, that fits right in with the plan: electric green. Great job, dims.

While you are raping and effing people it is best to keep them immobile and silent. :) The press did the latter, now the hackers do the former.

While foreign threats infiltrate our infrastructure...the CIA and FBI are making wanted posters of Grandmas that took an unauthorized tour of the Capitol on Jan 6.

Govt is a construct of the People to serve the People.

This one is failing.

Hmm. Biden shut down Keystone, Whitmer trying to shut down another. Now this. Definite pattern here, that fits right in with the plan: electric green. Great job, dims.
Careful, I’m sure someone will be along to tell you this is our happenstance and that you wear tinfoil and the government is a great benevolent creature with all of our best interests in mind. Glad to see others noticing things, but I’m sure it’s happenstance and it’s really the Russians you know. That’s what cnn and all says so...

I drive a muscle car, it has a 355 with forged pistons and a scat balanced crank, running a 650 holley. The last time we had a fuel issue and everyone was scrambling..... i just went an fueled up with av gas, yeah it was more expensive... but it has more pop too. Used to do the same with my 73 opel gt also. But everyone thinks we should go electric instead, that way they can hack the grid and fuck everyone. I prefer something that can run on 110 octane

While foreign threats infiltrate our infrastructure...the CIA and FBI are making wanted posters of Grandmas that took an unauthorized tour of the Capitol on Jan 6.

Govt is a construct of the People to serve the People.

This one is failing.

Would b nice if unc shmuel and the FuckingBunch of EYEdiots would put as much effort into catching the terrorists who attack the infrastructure of the US and threaten WE THE PEOPLE,
As they did hunting around 300 people who scared some pantywaist dirty politicians who needed a wakeup call... just sayin.

We already have price gouging, lines, and panic buying starting yesterday bc of this shit.

My tinfoil sez, most interesting, take more $ from We The People, shut down petro, kill jobs, push the ppl toward electric cars/hybrids, make them more dependent on .gov. Good job dimokratz... keep f"ing We The People... FAFO...
shit....
Ymmv
vr

Glad my second car is a 6.7L turbo diesel. No problems getting diesel (y)

On a serious note, why haven't we - the Federal Government - responded with some type of an action followed up by a statement against the preps of this crime? Bad behavior w/o a response just drives more bad behavior.

Chinese sending a dozen fighters a day over 75% of the world's semiconductor production. Iran again actively terrorizing the Mid East, including these rockets into Israel. And now the Russians shutting down the world's largest products pipeline. How long before Rocket Man in N. Korea gets in on the action?

AAAAAaarghhh... who voted for the creep in the White House?

So, US Intel thinks they know exactly who did this.....so, why haven't Seal Team 6 been called out.

Kill one (or more) of these motherfuckers and I bet we see a lot less of this crap.

Of course, the Dems dont' have the gonads to do any such thing.

So, US Intel thinks they know exactly who did this.....so, why haven't Seal Team 6 been called out.

Kill one (or more) of these motherfuckers and I bet we see a lot less of this crap.

Simple: because despite the threat of cyber attacks being well-known and actively discussed for over two decades now, the government still hasn't set a policy as to what actions in "cyberspace" actually constitute an act of war (without putting themselves in a very uncomfortable spot).

I drive a muscle car, it has a 355 with forged pistons and a scat balanced crank, running a 650 holley. The last time we had a fuel issue and everyone was scrambling..... i just went an fueled up with av gas, yeah it was more expensive... but it has more pop too. Used to do the same with my 73 opel gt also. But everyone thinks we should go electric instead, that way they can hack the grid and fuck everyone. I prefer something that can run on 110 octane
False. Av-gas is treated to last longer and not go bad. Octane doesn't make power, it prevents detonation.

The only time you need 110 is compression over 12:1 or boosted when your dynamic compression will raise.

The butt-dyno lies because it's all in your head.

Simple: because despite the threat of cyber attacks being well-known and actively discussed for over two decades now, the government still hasn't set a policy as to what actions in "cyberspace" actually constitute an act of war (without putting themselves in a very uncomfortable spot).

Need a secret organization, like Mossad to go in and firebomb these operations.

I have ran avgas 110 in hot rods in the old days, never on public roads though because of the whole illegal road tax thing .

You know just because a pipeline is shut down is no reason to run out.

We have these big trucks that have these things called tanks on them.

You will have to pay someone to drive them .

Or maybe you know actually fix the real problem and that is hooking your critical infrastructure in any way to the internet...
Also perhaps not drinking the crap the big tech B.S. guys pour out about how new and hastily made is always the best thing, holes be damned.

It's not like this ransomware business hasn't been top news in tech circles for 3+ years...

The software that a good chunk of the world relies on is stupidly susceptible to being hijacked.
If you can click on a link in your browser or e-mail and your computer gets taken over, your OS and program stack is garbage.

More of a job for Rainbow 6, Batman and Robin or Superman. The fall of the Empire continues.

I have ran avgas 110 in hot rods in the old days, never on public roads though because of the whole illegal road tax thing .

You know just because a pipeline is shut down is no reason to run out.

We have these big trucks that have these things called tanks on them.

You will have to pay someone to drive them .
Also trains. Buffett is going to get richer!

Panic buyers screwing it up mostly around these parts of north kackalaki, got diesel pretty quick yesterday

Panic buyers screwing it up mostly around these parts of north kackalaki, got diesel pretty quick yesterday
I had to get gas yesterday and the only thing the gas station had was premium. I am in North Texas, this shouldn't be a problem. However, everyone and their mother was thinking they need to get gas NOW. Shits crazy how people react, just think TP flying off the shelves.

No problem locally. No body has any gas. Everybody's fucked.

Does give ya pause to think though.

I had to get gas yesterday and the only thing the gas station had was premium. I am in North Texas, this shouldn't be a problem. However, everyone and their mother was thinking they need to get gas NOW. Shits crazy how people react, just think TP flying off the shelves.
Shouldn’t be a problem anywhere in “these untied states”. The problem lies in a that last phrase of the first sentience. We have lost the untied it seems. Too many people looking out for number 1 lately

I'm on the western side of the US.
I burn more fuel than that daily, so I've never bothered. I'd have to have 500+ gallons stored to have any meaningful storage. Nothing like storing something that has a short shelf life so it expires before you can use it. Oil will keep, refined gas and diesel? 12 months or less and it's hit or miss if it's still good.

I do live 150 miles from 2 refineries, so I'm not too worried.

I welcome the electric cars so more idiots can pay me to install charging stations. The instant they mention one my price goes up, because I know the level of stupid I'm going to deal with.
The grid will not support electric cars today, period.

Re: storing gas.
Ethanol, forget it, attracts water , degrades very quickly even with stabilizer and will gel up any carburator if left for months requiring a rebuild, replacement or a thorough cleaning at best.

Regular, unleaded gasoline can and is stored by many. I have, do and am currently storing in a 300 gal ag tank.
Buy it early fall, 40 bucks of sta-bil , and replace filter every 2 years because they're cheap and it burns perfectly every time.

Granted we live in the boonies and a half hour round trip to buy 1 gallon or 1000, so it's convenient and I would say necessary to keep gas handy.

Mowers, chainsaws, daily drivers just before I want it emptied to refill for the year and my old land rover are all appreciative of my efforts.

As a side, my Camry will gain 3 mpg every time I switch to plain unleaded as I drive my daily 150 mile work commute, so the pattern is repeatable enough to verify the increase after I stop using ethanol.

I'll add this, storing diesel is the easiest next to kerosene et al. By adding fungicide you can literally store diesel for 5-10 years easily.

And when I buy gas to store I buy 91/2 octane one because my Stihls' like it, and when gas degrades the octane is affected, so if you start higher you have more room to degrade and therefore more time to store it. Pri g seems to be better than sta-bil fwiw, but it's not around my area so I don't use it, but it seems most folks who store gas do use pri g.

Last edited:
False. Av-gas is treated to last longer and not go bad. Octane doesn't make power, it prevents detonation.

The only time you need 110 is compression over 12:1 or boosted when your dynamic compression will raise.

The butt-dyno lies because it's all in your head.
True, octane is a detonation supressant. But av gas is leaded still, thats where the extra pop comes from.

Reactions: silentwoods
E1Jub_FXsAExfY_.jpg

I hate people.

Reactions: stefan73
If you can get the Ethanol free gas and you put good stabilizer in it and you have it in a good well sealed storage container that is kept in not too hot or too cold place, having the gas last for 2 years is pretty easy to do.

It sucks here in eastern NC. I know by first hand knowledge (i guess this is somewhat first hand knowledge) what is happening and what to expect going forward. My best friend, whom you may remember from my podcast (CL), is good buddies with a guy in the fuel industry here. Yesterday, CL talked to him right after the guy got out of a 2 hour long meeting with top level execs and they basically broke it down this way. For every day the pipelines aren't pumping, it equals 1 week of the craziness at the gas stations, and they are HOPING to get this back going by friday. That means 3 weeks at least of this shit. I saw 2 dudes about fight this morning at the pump. This shit is out of hand. It will come down to things closing and people not being able to drive to work. Plain and simple.