• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Colorado Deer Hunters

mtnhunter22

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2020
Hey yall ,

Heading to colorado for a 3rd season hunt here in about a month. Have one question for those of you who have hunted…what should I plan for as far as snowfall goes? I know some of it will vary from year to year but just trying to plan what vehicles I need to bring. I’ll be hunting near glenwood springs.

Hey yall ,

Heading to colorado for a 3rd season hunt here in about a month. Have one question for those of you who have hunted…what should I plan for as far as snowfall goes? I know some of it will vary from year to year but just trying to plan what vehicles I need to bring. I’ll be hunting near glenwood springs.
4x4, snow chains, tow chain or strap to get pulled out if you get stuck. You may also need to pull someone else out. Camper or shell on truckbed and mattress to sleep on inside. Make sure your four-wheel drive works and your front hubs engage before you get in there.

Sorry, due to supply chain issues, I regret to inform you colorado has no deer "in stock" at the current time. Please check our website periodically for the availability of more deer in the future.

Seriously though, its colorado, in October, in the mountains. A Subaru or prius should suffice.

Appreciate the answers and out-of-state hunter hate. Haha. I get it! Pour it on. I enjoy hunting other states outside of my own so it is what it is.

Reactions: Salad_shooter
Every year is totally different. Some years your in T-shirts in 3rd and others your chaining up to get out. With the season dates this year the potential is there for a little more snow. Good tires, 4wd and a set of chains and tow strap under the seat and there shouldn’t be much you can’t get out of.

Bring the best of everything you have and you likely won't need it. Leave it at home and you will. Lived here my whole life and it fucks me every time I leave something at home.

As far as Glenwood goes, look at area closures. Buddy is up there now in 34 for archery elk and both his honey holes are "closed for fire/flood damage". He had to hunt a totally new area and had hell getting in there. I 70 was closed (still isn't totally open) for awhile with blowouts from flooding on burned soil and a bunch of that area, especially north of I 70 is closed off with $5k fines for being in the area/road system.

Good year for horns here with all the summer rain and grasses. Grass was 5' tall where I took the old lady for muzzle season. Good luck.