• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Colorado NRL Hunter match/CompExpo postponed Due to Colorado Magazine Ban

stevenc23

Minuteman
  • Oct 21, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Did not see this posted elsewhere but HOLY @$%

Went to sign up and saw this.

Postponed due to "new affidavit that the state of Colorado is requiring people to sign who plan on shooting or competing at the Cameo Shooting and Education Complex. This affidavit has to do with Colorado’s large capacity magazine ban and requires a signature under penalty of perjury under the law of Colorado."

• Wow
    Reactions: KZP
    I was wondering when shit was going to hit the fan with this. I was surprised when the full auto machine gun guys were there last year and how it aligned with Colorado's stupid ass laws. It's such a shame that one of the nicest shooting facilities in the country is hampered by unconstitutional laws. Colorado is such a nice state, ruined by transplanted libs who are like a cancer that keeps growing.

It really is a shame. Cameo is an awesome venue. Magpul and lots of us in CO fought this mag cap ban pretty hard in 2013 after Sandy Hook. The corrupt Democrats that control the state legislature don’t give two shits about the will of the people, the Constitution, revenue or industry.

Magpul moved out of state as promised (after hooking us up with lots of STANDARD cap mags before the ban took place, still love them for that). Two state senators got recalled over it in their districts but the ban still stands.

Once it’s on the books it’s almost impossible to get it off without a court ruling.

Standing by for the venue and date change

Also, because of the stupid laws, some very big pistol matches have been cancelled. That range and the numbers it draws/drew were very good for the local economy. But, but, 15 rounds is too many.
    Blockheads.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Yoteski
    Colorado does not want money from legitimate sources.

We have the cartel spending money from their Colorado fentanyl sales, income taxes paid by masses of homeless encampments, and the people that drive here are primarily in stolen cars.

For anyone not on FB:

7/12/22 Important update on the Colorado match from your Match Director…

“The NRL Hunter match scheduled during CompExpo has been moved to Lindon, Colorado. Thanks to seasoned MD, Dorgan Trostel, we are able to hold the event on a private range east of Denver. This match will now be directed by both Dorgan & me. The match will be more of a plains hunting experience showcasing Colorado’s mule deer and antelope habitat.

Please understand that this will require a change in travel plans (dates & location), for those who registered before 7/11/22, and we apologize for that, but the event will be worth it!”

Thanks,

Match Director, Robert Quigley

UPDATED INFORMATION: https://nrlhunter.org/matches-2022/22-12/

_____

7/8/22 Important Update on the Colorado match from your Match Director…

“We were notified by the match location’s venue, Cameo Shooting & Education Complex, that due to circumstances regarding Colorado’s magazine law, they have a new, unfortunate, requirement for the facility’s attendees. I’ll provide a link, below, with more information specifically about that. This put me, as the match director of the hunter match, and NRL Hunter in an interesting situation of seeking a new suitable site to hold a quality match, insuring it, and also getting the course-of-fire setup in a more limited time.

I am very appreciative of the amazing individuals who have immediately extended the support in scouting other options for us, and we have also kept in mind that the location must be as easy as possible for those already registered to make travel reservation adjustments, so we do not want this to be relocated far from the original venue or in a remote area. This will also allow us to host the match over the weekend (Fri-Sun), instead of originally being over the weekdays (Wed-Fri). As of this writing, I have not yet secured a suitable location to host this hunter match up to my standards. This is my highest priority for you, so you may have an excellent experience there. I have one more venue option that I’m diligently working on, but wanted to get the status of this to everyone so you are aware travel plans are affected. I will have a solid answer by the end of the weekend regarding that new venue. While we still love Cameo Shooting & Education Complex’s venue and staff, we are deeply saddened by the venue’s recent news. We apologize for any inconvenience this has created for you and us as a community. Please bare with us, as more details to follow.”

Thanks,

Match Director, Robert Quigley

For more information, regarding the news we received and the COMPEXPO show and events, please visit: [https://compexpo.org/compexpo-postponed-to-2023/](https://compexpo.org/compexpo-postponed-to-2023/)

Mad props and respect to Robert and Dorgan for dredging through the political BS to keep this on the books, albeit a date/location change but continuing to work to make this happen.
    I hadn't heard it was being re-located. Any more details on this?

I hadn't heard it was being re-located. Any more details on this?

Gosh damnit, I thought it was completely cancelled. I would have been very interested in shooting this. Dorgan and Robert will surely put on a hell of a match. Lot closer for me than Cameo also.

So, I’m curious. Are there stages at a hunter match which require more than 15 rounds? Are people shooting these matches with gas guns and using the spray and pray method? I’ve read the form they want you to sign and while I find the whole thing a little too “infringy” for my own understanding of the constitution, this seems like a lot of hand-wringing over a nothing burger for hunter or even ”PRS-style” matches.

So, I’m curious. Are there stages at a hunter match which require more than 15 rounds? Are people shooting these matches with gas guns and using the spray and pray method? I’ve read the form they want you to sign and while I find the whole thing a little too “infringy” for my own understanding of the constitution, this seems like a lot of hand-wringing over a nothing burger for hunter or even ”PRS-style” matches.
    It's probably more the Comp Expo than the match itself. Last year the Comp Expo featured companies from all over showcasing product, including handguns, ARs, and full autos. Not to mention, competitors, including myself are carrying in vehicles. I think it's a good statement by the NRL, although I don't see it having any influence or bearing whatsoever on Colorado laws. It's unfortunate all the way around.

Reactions: OREGUN
    I don’t know the situation in Colorado, but concerns like these are called handwringing in Canada by communists and the pedo that rules us here. Ignore the thin end of the wedge and soon you will experience the same as we do.

I would add, Cameo is government funded. It's actually impressive their liberal overlords actually budgeted for the facility. I'd say best case scenario would be all sportsmen just abstain from participating there at all, but it would probably be turned into a giant commune and dispensary haven, with an abortion clinic or five strategically placed. I'm sure the libs would love to turn it into a haven for more "wholesome" activities than barbaric shooting sports.

Reactions: DLS and earthquake
    I don’t know the situation in Colorado, but concerns like these are called handwringing in Canada by communists and the pedo that rules us here. Ignore the thin end of the wedge and soon you will experience the same as we do.
    You got it. A line has to be drawn, regardless of the actual influence it has.

Without proof of purchase date, this could potentially open competitors up to charges of perjury.

The burden of proof is on those filing charges. Nowhere in the law does it state that you must provide "proof of purchase" or provide a purchase date. Every law enforcement agency in the State has stated this is unenforceable.

*I'm only pointing out facts, not criticizing those abandoning Cameo for their events. I agree with leaving Cameo on principle. It's very unfortunate as Cameo is an incredible shooting range. Possibly the best in the country if not the World.

Here’s the Declaration. For your perusal.

It’s really too bad that even a complete boycott of the venue won’t get this law changed but could easily result in the closure of the place.

In the meantime, I believe I’ll find a way to work around this bullshit while also complaining loudly to the choir online.

PS: for someone who’s been there, if you don’t plan to have any “large capacity magazines” on their property, do you have to sign?

Attachments

• Compliance with the law declaration for Cameo users 6-2022 (002).pdf
      105.1 KB · Views: 82