• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Colorado Precision Rimfire Matches

Hoser

Ninja
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2005
East Africa
Pikes Peak Practical Shooters and Hosers Steel have got together to run Precision Rimfire matches in Pueblo Colorado.

We will run them on the 4th Saturday.

There will be 20 targets at 50, 75, 105, 165 and 220 yards. All steel targets ranging in size from 1-3 MOA.

There will also be KYL/TYL targets at 50 and 105 yards.

Maximum round count will be 116 rounds.

The match fee is $15.

Space is limited to 25 shooters.

2023 Dates
22 Jan
26 Feb
No March Match
22 April
20 May
26-27 May Regional Rimfire Championship https://practiscore.com/rcsa-2023-burris-optics-regional-championship/register
24 June
22 July
26 Aug
23 Sept
28 Oct
25 Nov
23 Dec

The above is current as of 01 March 2023.

As of Nov 2022 we pulled the plug on PRS matches. Not enough interest.

Last edited:
Picking up the last of the new steel targets tomorrow. Then to get them mounted up on conveyor belt and painted.

Great to hear. Can't shoot the first one, looking forward to future matches.

So for the first rimfire PRS match in Colorado the 40X Mafia took away top honors with Team CZ hot on their heels. Many congrats to TimK on his high score of 68 out of a possible 79 hits. His Elrod converted 40X absolutely hammered the targets.

Results avail at https://practiscore.com/results/html/a0e3f279-bf27-45e9-acdc-f602265a6473

The next match is 29 Oct. Same same. Belly match from 9-12 and PRS from 12-3.

Yeah. But your not in any of them...

I totally blanked on the match down there. I have them in my Calender, but I just added an alert for a few days ahead to remind me. The next one being the week of Halloween, I'll be home. Missed a few CRC matches due to work travel.

Starting 30 Sept, Pikes Peak Practical Shooters and Hosers Steel are getting together to start running rimfire PRS matches in Pueblo Colorado.

We will run them on the 4th or 5th weekend.

Expect 8-10 stages, close target around 50 yards and the far target around 220 yards. All steel targets ranging in size from 2-4 MOA.

Maximum round count will be 100 rounds.

The morning match will remain a mostly prone match that will start at 9:00 and sight-in can start as soon as the match is set up. The PRS match is a separate match and will start as soon as the morning match is over, but no later than noon.

If you shoot both the morning and afternoon match the fee is $20. If you just shoot the PRS match it is $15.

As of right now, space is limited to 20 shooters. I will post more info as it gets closer on how to sign up.

2017 dates are

30 Sept
29 Oct
26 Nov
30 Dec

What is the Course of Fire for your two matches?

What is the Course of Fire for your two matches?

The morning match is traditionally a prone match with several banks of targets from 50-220 yards. The average target size is 1.5 - 2.5 MOA. We also include a TYL rack at 50 yards that goes from 2 inches to .25 inches. 88 total shots max.

The noon PRS match is a typical PRS match with barricades, barrels, roof tops, sticks, ect. Target distances go from 50-220 yards. This month we had a TYL rack at 160 yards, large target was 4.5 inches and the small was 1 inch. We have a spinner we will use some months and a mover as well. Average round count is 75-90 rounds.

The prone match is $10 and the PRS is $15. $20 if you shoot both.

The morning match is traditionally a prone match with several banks of targets from 50-220 yards. The average target size is 1.5 - 2.5 MOA. We also include a TYL rack at 50 yards that goes from 2 inches to .25 inches. 88 total shots max.

The noon PRS match is a typical PRS match with barricades, barrels, roof tops, sticks, ect. Target distances go from 50-220 yards. This month we had a TYL rack at 160 yards, large target was 4.5 inches and the small was 1 inch. We have a spinner we will use some months and a mover as well. Average round count is 75-90 rounds.

The prone match is $10 and the PRS is $15. $20 if you shoot both.

Thank you I did see that information in your original posting.

I assume there is an engagement time limit to ring a certain amount of targets? Hit/Miss with a fixed amount of shots or timed stage with as many rounds as you need? Those are the type of details i was looking for. Sorry if these are obvious PRS questions but I have not shot the format before but was interested in giving this match a try. I have a .22LR Service Rifle practice upper with a 10x mounted on it that may work. If there is a match flyer or a weblink I can read up on that would be great.

thank you.

Thank you I did see that information in your original posting.

I assume there is an engagement time limit to ring a certain amount of targets? Hit/Miss with a fixed amount of shots or timed stage with as many rounds as you need? Those are the type of details i was looking for. Sorry if these are obvious PRS questions but I have not shot the format before but was interested in giving this match a try. I have a .22LR Service Rifle practice upper with a 10x mounted on it that may work. If there is a match flyer or a weblink I can read up on that would be great.

thank you.

There is a time limit. 90 seconds for most stages.

Most stages are limited to 10 rounds in mags. Most targets are one shot per target, hit or miss move on to the next.

I am also thinking about trying my CLE upper one of these months.

This link might help. https://www.ar-15.co/forums/114-Shooting-Sports-and-Events

There is a time limit. 90 seconds for most stages.

Most stages are limited to 10 rounds in mags. Most targets are one shot per target, hit or miss move on to the next.

I am also thinking about trying my CLE upper one of these months.

This link might help. https://www.ar-15.co/forums/114-Shooting-Sports-and-Events

perfect.. Thank you. I will read through your linked thread and see if I have any more questions.

If I can get the grandparents out of the house after turkey day I may look at coming down on the 26th.. :)

Registration for next Sundays Rimfire Precision and PRS matches is open now.

Sign up via practiscore at this link. https://practiscore.com/clubs/hosers-steel

Hoser

I signed up for the morning match and would not mind possibly shooting the afternoon as well but I am not sure what additional equipment I might need? Do you provide a range card for both matches or do I need to range targets? Will I need shooting sticks or other specialized equipment for the afternoon match? Any other items I should consider?

Please let me know. Looking forward to meeting your crew on Sunday.

thanks

Hoser

I signed up for the morning match and would not mind possibly shooting the afternoon as well but I am not sure what additional equipment I might need? Do you provide a range card for both matches or do I need to range targets? Will I need shooting sticks or other specialized equipment for the afternoon match? Any other items I should consider?

Please let me know. Looking forward to meeting your crew on Sunday.

thanks

Target distances for both matches is provided.

For the PRS match bring sticks, rear bag and a pack. A sling is not mandatory, but might be helpful.

Target distances for both matches is provided.

For the PRS match bring sticks, rear bag and a pack. A sling is not mandatory, but might be helpful.

Cool. I don't have sticks but maybe I can make do with some trekking poles. See you Sunday..

Registration is open for next Saturdays matches at this link. https://practiscore.com/clubs/hosers-steel

Please note that there are TWO matches scheduled. The prone match at 9:00 and the PRS match at noon. If you want to shoot both, please sign up for both.

Space is limited. Hurry up. If the match is full, no walk ins.

Set up starts at 7:30 and sight in can start as soon as things are set up. The more people that help, the sooner we can start...

Have a good Christmas.

Some pics from last Sunday...

VTAC Barricade with a bolt gun looks easy. Its also a good way to remove scope caps if you put the scope through the port...
IMG_3553.JPG

IMG_3558.JPG

Shooting a KYL rack at 50 yards also seems easy, until you have to do it off the top of a barrel.
IMG_3560.JPG
IMG_3562.JPG

Pedro and his new Annie killing the spinner.
IMG_3564.JPG

One of 2 Vudoos at the match getting some offhand and sitting in. The target was a full size steel IPSC at 220 yards. If you look real close at the top picture, just forward of the puff of smoke, you can make out the grey line that I am 99% positive is the bullet. Not bad for an old man driving an old iPhone.
IMG_3567.JPG
IMG_3568.JPG

Last edited:
Only a few slots left for this Saturdays matches. Don't drag your feet getting signed up.

The morning match filled up fast. The PRS match only had a few openings left.

A few pictures from the morning prone match. I failed to get any pics from the noon PRS match.

Scooter would use a borrowed Vudoo and Eley Red to win both matches. Solid shooting buddy.

We used our KYL Hostage target for the PRS match.

Isabel scoring for her pop. Quality father and daughter time. Isabel would solidly beat her pop by 5 points.
fullsizeoutput_39c.jpeg

Scott and his new Vudoo shooting next to Mike and his CZ-455.
fullsizeoutput_39f.jpeg

Jim and Dana crunching numbers for their Vudoos. 6 people out of 25 were using Vudoos and 3 more were shooting Elrod 40Xs.
IMG_4056.JPG

Last edited:
Did they upgrade that firing line? I don’t think that i’ve Ever seen anything green Down at PWSA!

Need to get down for one of these matches.

Next Sundays match is still a go. There has been some movement on the wait list so if you want to shoot, best sign up asap.

Fun matches today. The morning match went off without a hitch. It started out a little chilly but by 2:30 the temp had come up about 50° or so to about 90°. For the PRS portion we used the new AA Targets piano keys/wind chimes/wind doping targets at about 160 yards. Hit and spin the center target (about .75 inches wide) and you get a point, hit/spin a white one and get nothing other than knowing where your bullet went. Very cool target. Very hard target.

We also shot the good guy/bad buy KYL off a rooftop, Charlene and Sam spanked us all.

Sign up for October matches opens at midnight on the first of the month. Every match these past few months has sold out in a hurry, so don't drag your feet.

Don't forget to shoot all the stages before you leave, getting a zero on a stage kinda hurts your score. Here are links to todays results.

https://practiscore.com/results/html/311664e4-aef4-413c-aee0-ce1bbc90d1f6?page=overall-combined

https://practiscore.com/results/html/acea23ae-f75b-48d3-9214-94cb41c493a6?page=overall-combined
IMG_4214.JPG
IMG_4212.JPG

Sign up is open for the 25 November match at https://practiscore.com/clubs/hosers-steel

The past several matches have filled up. Dont drag your feet getting signed up.

IN. The Boy and I will be there. Here's hoping for the weather, and the weather the week before to get some practice in.

Really liking the 'paino' target with the feedback. Every 'no call' shot is a wasted learning experience.

I really need to get a 22 and shoot these! Every person I have talked to tells me how much fun they are!!!

Wish we could make it, but with The Boy getting older and having more school stuff to do it is getting harder to get down there. On the other side of the equation, in few months he'll be able to drive on his permit- that makes this a whole new ball of whacks.

Had a couple last minute openings for this Sundays matches. The weather is supposed to be awesome.

Crap. The range caretaker closed the range for the next 2-3 days because of the mud. Tomorrow is a cancel.

We had a ton of people show up early to help get this match set up in record time. I cant say thank you enough to everyone for making this match happen. We were shooting the morning match at 9:00 and done by 11:15. We got things swapped order to the PRS match and spend a few minutes checking zeros now that the temp had come up to about 50.

Mary Beth and her Vudoo absolutely smashed the morning match. Way to go girl.

The next rimfire match day is 23 Feb. Be sure to get signed up on 01 Feb as today was again sold out. In March the 4th Sunday reverts back to Tactical Rifle and we will shoot rimfire when there is a 5th weekend.

https://practiscore.com/results/html/32eb494a-0586-4610-be27-a97eee650468?page=overall-combined

https://practiscore.com/results/html/1fedb515-3496-467e-89f5-6441865b178a?page=overall-combined

Dates for 2020
26 Jan
23 Feb
29 Mar
31 May
26-27 Jun (RCSA Regional Championship)
30 Aug
29 Sept
22 Nov
27 Dec

We had a ton of help with set up this morning. Many thanks. We couldn't, and wouldn't, do it without you.

For August in Pueblo it was not that hot and we got done before the wind and rain showed up.

The next rimfire match is 22 Nov.

https://practiscore.com/results/html/ed29a90e-0906-4370-92d2-83367c6f877b?page=overall-combined

https://practiscore.com/results/html/152f9560-3279-46e3-8c52-1970519edad7?page=overall-combined

Remember that signup for all of the September matches, to include the annual AK vs AR match on the 27th, opens Monday night at midnight. Dont drag your feet signing up or you might get left out.

The matches on the 24 Jan have been canceled for snow/winds and moved to the 31st.

We will roll the dice and hope for better weather.

I built new matches on the 31st and moved everyone to the new matches. This includes everyone on the wait list. If you were on the wait list, you are still on the wait list.

If you cant make the new date, please let me know at [email protected] and I will delete you.

See you on the 31st.

Reactions: ballisticdaddy