• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Colorado/Wyoming, want to shoot prairie dogs?

pdogsbeware

Private
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2011
Colorado/Minnesota
Just gauging interest if anybody in Colorado would want to take a short (2-3 day) trip anytime during May to the Medicine Bow area of Wyoming...or anyone IN Wyoming who would want to meet there. The goal, of course, is to locate and slay the ever elusive creature that is the Prairie Dog!

The downside - I have zero contacts there. I don't know where the dogs are, but I plan on using the 97% effective method (at least it works in ND) of driving around and asking politely any ranchers/farmers we see. There is only one hotel in Medicine Bow, with rates from $35-100. I plan on bringing a table, cooler, and a hell of a lot of ammo for my 22-250. Hell, we could even make a friendly contest out of it; 5 dollar buy-in for furthest (witnessed) kill, or first double, anything. Just looking to have a good time shooting the best target on this planet.

I'd be leaving from Colorado Springs. We can start to really plan it once/if people are interested and want to go.

Re: Colorado/Wyoming, want to shoot prairie dogs?

My favorite thing to do here in Va is groundhog hunt, problem is finding places to go and when you do, a great day is getting to take A shot at a hog, I can't imagine hundreds of rounds in one day, sensory overload!
I can't help you out in May but have always wanted to take a trip somewhere out that way for a few day pdog hunt..I want to drive too. The only rifle I have is a .308, a little overkill maybe...but I think it would be great practice and a heck of a lot of fun.