• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Colt 2000 9mm

wvlawyer02

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2008
Clarksburg, West Virginia, USA
Does anyone own one of these pistols?

I am investigating an accidental shooting case in which the mechanical operation of the pistol is in question. I cannot find a Colt 2000 to examine in the local area and would like to speak with someone who owns one or has experience firing one.

Just send me a PM if you would be willing to help out.

Thanks,
Sam

Re: Colt 2000 9mm

copied from here. http://www.firearmsid.com/Recalls/FA_Recalls%202.htm

<span style="font-size: 11pt">COLT
MODEL ALL AMERICAN,
9MM LUGER CALIBER, PISTOL

RECALL: It has come to Colt’s attention that All-American double action pistols with serial numbers:

Letter A prefix or suffix
RA01001 – RA01052
RK00001 – RK03000
RM01001 – RM01005
PF01005 – PF24248

MAY ACCIDENTALLY DISCHARGE IF STRUCK OR DROPPED

A blow to the rear of the slide while a round is in the chamber can cause the pistol to discharge. The firing mechanism of these pistols will be modified free of charge, and thereby reduce the possibility of accidental discharge resulting from a blow.

MEANWHILE, ALL OWNERS AND SHOOTERS OF THESE PISTOLS ARE CAUTIONED:

Carry this pistol ONLY with the chamber empty.
Never chamber a round until immediately before you are ready to fire.
Always control your pistol so as to prevent its being dropped or struck a blow, especially with a round in the chamber.
If you own one or more of these pistols write to Colt and give them your name, address and pistol serial number of each All-American pistol you own. Send all correspondence to:

Colt Manufacturing Company, Inc.
P.O. Box 1868 Dept. RC2000
Hartford, CT 06144-1868

Please DO NOT SEND YOUR PISTOLS TO COLT at this time. For further information you may call us toll-free at 1-800-426-8001.

Source:

Law Enforcement Technology, April 1995; page 67
Guns, May 1995; page 69 </span>

I have not seen one since the mid 90's