• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD Colt 607 Vietnam Special Forces CAR-15 fore-runner w/optic

buffalowinter

Freer of the Oppressed
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 17, 2014
    Llano, TX
    sold This is a copy of the 1965 Colt 607 carbine, with Colt optic copy, fore-runner of the CAR-15. It has an early collapsible buttstock that works by a latch on the butt. The upper is an Anchor Harvey forge MILSPEC A1 c7 upper receiver with an Olympic Arms 5.56 HBAR 16.5" barrel with the Colt moderator pinned and welded. The moderator is non-functional making this a non-NFA firearm. The bolt is a black nitrided Brownell's. The gun comes with a Brownell's retro 4x scope which is an outstanding and improved copy of the original Colt optic. The Retro 4x Carry Handle Optic sports a simple, intuitive fine duplex reticle, like the original, and an elevation turret with BDC (ballistic drop compensated) clicks that closely match modern .223/5.56 55gr and 62gr ammo. As its name indicates, the Retro 4x comes with an integral carry handle mount. The Anderson lower has a match trigger that has been upgraded with JP springs and breaks at 5.5 pounds and an original Vietnam era M16a1 grip. Triangular handguards with liner. The gun weighs 7.25 pounds and is 32" overall with the stock in the collapsed position. See pics with stock open and closed. The gun has been finished in a custom "battleworn" Cerakote. The gun comes with a carry strap sling, original Vietnam era Colt 30 round magazine, aluminum 20 round magazine, cleaning kit, and Vietnam era repro copy of PS magazine covering operation and maintenance of the M16. Shipped in a hardcase. $2100
    DSCN5827.JPG

DSCN5828.JPG

DSCN5829.JPG

DSCN5830.JPG

DSCN5831.JPG

DSCN5832.JPG

DSCN5833.JPG

DSCN5834.JPG

DSCN5835.JPG

DSCN5836.JPG

Last edited:
    Is this still for sale?
    That particular one is sold. I do have a similar one for sale at a greatly reduced price of $1500. it is a close copy of the COLT 607, the forerunner to the CAR-15. Here is a video of this gun being fired using several different brands of ammunition mixed together in a single magazine. This rifle has the early 3 position stock. Due to the scarcity of M16a1 uppers, this gun has a flat top upper with a detachable carry handle. It has a flat handguard snap ring and triangular handguards. The original Vietnam pistol grip has been shortened like the one in the original photo. I will also include an un-modified M16a1 grip. The rifle has an XM177 flash hider and grenade ring, pinned and welded. Included is an original Colt Vietnam era 30 round magazine, a 20 round magazine, an issue carry strap, a picatinny rail for the carry handle, and a copy of a Vietnam era PS magazine. The gun is finished in my proprietary Cerakote "Battleworn Colt Vietnam Gray". Wt 7 lbs., length 32". No sales where prohibited
    1666457352481.png

Reactions: DIBBS
    Any chance you’d spill the guts on your cerakote recipe to another hobbyist?

I spray a base coat of satin nickel/glacier silver. Then I spray a coat of Graphite Black and wipe it off. I keep doing this until i get a nice effect. Then I stand back a "dust" a "dry coat" of Graphite Black to give a dirty/aged look. I use air dry high heat Cerakote.

Last edited:
    $2100 This is a copy of the 1965 Colt 607 carbine, with Colt optic copy, fore-runner of the CAR-15. It has an early collapsible buttstock that works by a latch on the butt. The upper is an Anchor Harvey forge MILSPEC A1 c7 upper receiver with an Olympic Arms 5.56 HBAR 16.5" barrel with the Colt moderator pinned and welded. The moderator is non-functional making this a non-NFA firearm. The bolt is a black nitrided Brownell's. The gun comes with a Brownell's retro 4x scope which is an outstanding and improved copy of the original Colt optic. The Retro 4x Carry Handle Optic sports a simple, intuitive fine duplex reticle, like the original, and an elevation turret with BDC (ballistic drop compensated) clicks that closely match modern .223/5.56 55gr and 62gr ammo. As its name indicates, the Retro 4x comes with an integral carry handle mount. The Anderson lower has a match trigger that has been upgraded with JP springs and breaks at 5.5 pounds and an original Vietnam era M16a1 grip. Triangular handguards with liner. The gun weighs 7.25 pounds and is 32" overall with the stock in the collapsed position. See pics with stock open and closed. The gun has been finished in a custom "battleworn" Cerakote. The gun comes with a carry strap sling, original Vietnam era Colt 30 round magazine, aluminum 20 round magazine, cleaning kit, and Vietnam era repro copy of PS magazine covering operation and maintenance of the M16. Shipped in a hardcase. $2100View attachment 7923730

View attachment 7923731

View attachment 7923732

View attachment 7923733

View attachment 7923734

View attachment 7923736

View attachment 7923737

View attachment 7923738

View attachment 7923739

View attachment 7923740
    Love it! My friend put together a clone a number of years ago. I might be in the market for one later this year if you were interested in building another. I’d like to get my hands on an XM177E and period AKM as well.

$2100 This is a copy of the 1965 Colt 607 carbine, with Colt optic copy, fore-runner of the CAR-15. It has an early collapsible buttstock that works by a latch on the butt. The upper is an Anchor Harvey forge MILSPEC A1 c7 upper receiver with an Olympic Arms 5.56 HBAR 16.5" barrel with the Colt moderator pinned and welded. The moderator is non-functional making this a non-NFA firearm. The bolt is a black nitrided Brownell's. The gun comes with a Brownell's retro 4x scope which is an outstanding and improved copy of the original Colt optic. The Retro 4x Carry Handle Optic sports a simple, intuitive fine duplex reticle, like the original, and an elevation turret with BDC (ballistic drop compensated) clicks that closely match modern .223/5.56 55gr and 62gr ammo. As its name indicates, the Retro 4x comes with an integral carry handle mount. The Anderson lower has a match trigger that has been upgraded with JP springs and breaks at 5.5 pounds and an original Vietnam era M16a1 grip. Triangular handguards with liner. The gun weighs 7.25 pounds and is 32" overall with the stock in the collapsed position. See pics with stock open and closed. The gun has been finished in a custom "battleworn" Cerakote. The gun comes with a carry strap sling, original Vietnam era Colt 30 round magazine, aluminum 20 round magazine, cleaning kit, and Vietnam era repro copy of PS magazine covering operation and maintenance of the M16. Shipped in a hardcase. $2100View attachment 7923730

View attachment 7923731

View attachment 7923732

View attachment 7923733

View attachment 7923734

View attachment 7923736

View attachment 7923737

View attachment 7923738

View attachment 7923739

View attachment 7923740
    Rick,

Somehow I lost track of this thread. I’m sure this one isn’t still available but I’d be interested in one if you do have one

Thanks!