• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Colt 6933 11.5 SBR Commando

alan98

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2008
Pennsylvania
I have a DD MK18 with SBR'd Seekins forged lower that is pretty much complete. Just got the SF SOCOM 556 RC stamp the other day and I really like that setup. I think I want one more SBR in 11.5" length and have been looking at my options. I saw the COLT 6933 and I wouldn't mind having that one.

I want one to keep in a more basic configuration - all black with maybe a carry handle. I could still use the SOCOM suppressor on it as well.

Anyone have the 6933?

Alan

I've owned my 6933 for about 6 years. It is my "go-to" carbine and runs like a top. It has the most range time and course time and it's my nightstand gun. For a SBR, the 11.5" barrel length seems to be perfect for balance and controllability and no issue shooting with or without suppressors.

I have one.

They don't ship with the carrying handle any more, which will add a little to the total outlay. They have the Magpul mbuis installed now. When I got mine I pulled the upper off and put on a Noveske 11.5" barreled upper on it to run with my 556-212 can. Great little carbine.

I didn't realize how thin the barrels are on the 6933's. I'm not much for pencil barrels - I wonder if that would be an issue while running the SOCOM 556 RC suppressor?

Alan

Until the 6945 series, the 6933 is the only carbine Colt made specifically for the LE market. The gas port on a 6933 is to big for reliable suppressor use. Your going to work the carbine very hard. A dedicated suppressed upper receiver group is always the best choice. The use of an adjustable gas block is also wise decision.