• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms Colt Ar-15 A2 w Custom Wood Furniture & Original Stock-Parts (NOT PRE_BAN)

Rogerthatout

Private
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2017
I have a furniture company and I love to play with rustic finishes. Here I have a Colt Government Carine with a new walnut furniture kit which was CNC'd in the USA by militant folks to fit AR-15's. This is not a cheap imported wood stock sold by Brownells which were discontinued as far as I can tell.

I evenly distressed the new walnut with handmade tools ranging from bent hack-saw blades to dull screwdrivers. I finished the stock with black pigments and lacquer but I filled in most of the deep mand-made dings with black fill and clear solids so you can get the benefit of a distressed look but the finish is mostly smooth to the touch. I left enough dings and crevices to mask any field bumps you may encounter as you bring this gun into the real world. New bumps and scratches can be masked by rubbing in black crayon wax or black sharpies and those new marks will blend right into the distressed finish we created.

I sealed the stock with a quality Vinyl sealer before finishing with lacquer.- inside and out. I also have some tones of gray in this finish. The furniture kit was finished to match the patina on the rifle so it has a mat finish which reads grey in most light and the sheen matches the rifle nicely. It looks all original, one guy on snipers hide who helped me with castle nut advice thought the furniture was mil surp! I was thrilled to hear that, because that's what I was hoping for.

With the wood furniture on this colt, it is VERY COMFORTABLE to shoot. I've taken the rifle to the range twice. Once to fire the gun with original parts for testing and then I tested it with the new furniture. All original parts will be included in the sale. I'll post those pics soon.

The gun was a police trade-in which I snapped up on gunbroker at a fair auction (I am a sucker for service nostalgia).

The new walnut stock kit and buffer tube kit cost me a few hundred bucks and I got the rifle as a good price so I can sell this gun for $1,400 with original parts included (if I am lucky, I'll make $100 for all my time so I can't really discount this thing) .Add $50 for shipping and it's a done deal. Would I sell just the furniture kit? Of course! $450 for all the furniture.

Hoping someone will appreciate this for what it is so I can do another one. Will ship to FFL of your choice if you want the gun & kit.

Attachments

• Colt A2 - Gov Carbine -7.jpg
    Colt A2 - Gov Carbine -7.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 167
  • Colt A2 - Gov Carbine -6.jpg
    Colt A2 - Gov Carbine -6.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 182
  • Colt A2 - Gov Carbine -4.jpg
    Colt A2 - Gov Carbine -4.jpg
    556.7 KB · Views: 177
  • Colt A2 - Gov Carbine -5.jpg
    Colt A2 - Gov Carbine -5.jpg