• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Colt Ar question,....Large pin?

SScott

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Guys,
I have a Colt Competition Match Target rifle, and I was wondering if I would be able to change the upper with any of similar cartrige, or do I have to have a Colt?
I don't fully understand where the "Large Pin" comes into play. Thanks, SScott

Re: Colt Ar question,....Large pin?

Large pin is Colts way of mucking up the mix. You can swap uppers but if you use a small pin upper you must use an offset pin in the place of the current Colt Large Pin. These are about 4-7 dollars.

Also, trigger parts use larger than standard pins, so if any changes there are to be made you need to keep that in mind as well

My Colt large pin lower is out to have all the holes bushed to standard size, and to have the sear block removed right now. Can't wait to get it back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nicholst55</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My Colt large pin lower is out to have all the holes bushed to standard size, and to have the sear block removed right now.</div></div>

Who's doing the work, M60Joe?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nicholst55</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My Colt large pin lower is out to have all the holes bushed to standard size, and to have the sear block removed right now.</div></div>

Who's doing the work, M60Joe? </div></div>

Actually, he turned the job down because it is a semi lower. I'm having an old friend do it - Jon Tank, at Tank's Rifle Shop.

Wow...interesting M60Joe would turn it away....bummer actually as he seems to do good work. I have one I need done.....on the other hand it may be time to sell it since it's a preban

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1bayouboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow...interesting M60Joe would turn it away....bummer actually as he seems to do good work. I have one I need done.....on the other hand it may be time to sell it since it's a preban </div></div>

If you decide to have yours bushed, let me know. Jon Tank does outstanding work. I've heard good things about M60Joe also, but I'm confident that Jon Tank's work is every bit as good.