• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Colt AR15 / M16 20 round mags price check please

sw99

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 17, 2004
Weld CO
I found some locally for $40 each. I know it's high but I also have not been able to find them anywhere else that has them and there is no limit.

Is this a reasonable price given the current inflation?

Re: Colt AR15 / M16 20 round mags price check please

Nope...WAAAYYY high even in the current market from others I've seen.

Check the threads here (just today in fact) on the Thermold 20-round 6-packs with couplers for $30 (or less) per pack if you want an alternative.

As for USGI 20-rounders, I've seen numerous ones on BARFCOM and elsewhere for ~$30 or less per mag shipped (right now). Unless you just don't want to go to the trouble of tracking them down or with the trouble of getting them by mail, etc., then I'd skip $40/mag without a doubt!

Just saw that thread, thanks. I'll keep hunting but a common issue is that most places are not updated with their available stock on hand. This panic is making people crazy for sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sw99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just saw that thread, thanks. I'll keep hunting but a common issue is that most places are not updated with their available stock on hand. This panic is making people crazy for sure. </div></div>

As of a few hours ago, SG had the Thermolds in stock with plenty on hand. If you are in the market, just call them to place your order and they can confirm availability for you.

As for the GI 20s, I just looked at BARFCOM and there are multiple threads for those mags that are within a day old and most have not had any bites. Prices ranged from around $25/mag up to around $50+ for the truly insane and/or stupid!!
wink.gif

Here's a few, but there are many more:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_24/109274...0__30___40.html

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_24/108720...N_1_8_2013.html

Have a look and see if you can find any that meet your needs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sw99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I found some locally for $40 each. I know it's high but I also have not been able to find them anywhere else that has them and there is no limit.

Is this a reasonable price given the current inflation? </div></div>
That's waaaayyy too much. It's too late now, but <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">737Shark</span></span> just sold twenty Colt Pre-bans for $20.00 each in his <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">"Wts Colt 20 rd preban early mags $20 each"</span></span> thread, and <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">JD42</span></span> sold two Colt Pre-bans for $20.00 each in his <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">"20rd pre-ban Colt mags $20each shipped"</span></span> thread. Check the Options & Accessories Section frequently, and make sure you're logged-in so you can post quick when you see what you want. Good luck.

Keith

They were gone when I checked again anyway but thanks for the help folks. I did find a few used 30 rounds on CL locally.