• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Colt AR15 Pivot Pin Removal

gars320

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 9, 2004
Lawrence County, MO
COLTAR15004.jpg

I have just received a PreBan Colt AR15 Match HBar & I need to know how to break it down into 2 groups by extracting the front & rear pivot pins. The rear pin is easy, it just pushes out, but the front one has a slotted screw head in either side and it turns when it is turned on either end. I have tried holding one end & turning the other but I can't hold the one & turn the other maybe my screwdrivers are too small or maybe I am doing it wrong.
Can somebody explain what I should be doing?

Re: Colt AR15 Pivot Pin Removal

That's what I was thinking, just too small screwdrivers. Now I'll get the bigger ones.
Thanks

Yup, got 2 longer & wider screwdrivers & it came out without more than a tiny bit of protest, LOL
Thanks again
Gary

Just don't use normal screwdrivers - you need hollow-ground bits. Gunsmith screwdrivers - though Home Depot and Lowes has all sorts of that kind now.