• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Colt Delta Gold Cup 10mm value

TimC in KY

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2018
THIS IS NOT FOR SALE! I’m looking for a value for an estate.

It was made in 1990, purchased, then sent to the Colt Custom Shop for the following.

Buff to bright stainless finish

Install upswept grip safety with commander style hammer

Checker mainspring housing and front of grip frame

Install double diamond rosewood grips with medallion ( still have original delta grips)

Adjust tolerances to minimum specs

Don‘t have a Colt letter, but do have the receipts from the Colt Custom Shop

It has been shot, but is in excellent condition

What is a fair value?

Thanks

Generally estate values are 50% of actual values. Especially since most people suck at estimating condition and determining if it is actually what they think it is in the first place.

Generally estate values are 50% of actual values. Especially since most people suck at estimating condition and determining if it is actually what they think it is in the first place.

My favorite are estate auctions.

Half the stuff goes for half what it should, the other half goes for twice what it should.

Blue book of gun values. It's a standard, and not at all what some would be willing to pay.

Of course, you could get a CZ Colt and know it'll actually work....

I'm finding them on line selling between $1200 to roughly $2400. Lots of variables but the extra mods will vary the price a lot depending on the beholder.

Not exact matches to what you have but I'd guess if you do a dedicated search you'll find what you have's basic value. I assume yer just evaluating it for relative value (for the Estate) as the right collector might pay Outrageous/Ridiculous prices if you find the right one. I recently sold an early '80's Italian built Beretta 92S (built before they became stand US Military issue) that my local Expert told me was worth $200 tops for over $1K to a guy who was thrilled to have it. My point is that the spread on value of these top end pistols is highly variable and a lot of "Experts" aren't.

VooDoo

Last edited: