• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Colt Feet

Blackgloves

Banhammer
Banned !
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2020
My wife has really cold feet.

We've tried getting battery heated socks but we've only found
those that have a heating pad in their sole and this is not enough
for her to keep her feet warm.

Anyone know of a heated sock that has a heating pad that
wraps 360 degrees around the foot and toes?

Thanks!

Therm-ic socks UNI S-700

Those seem to be heated all around the foot as opposed to just the sole. May be worth reaching out to that company. A bit pricey, but may be worth it.. Happy wife, happy life, right?

Hmm.. Now that I think of it, I may want to get a pair of these for late season duck hunting up here in Idaho... :unsure:

Is this for treestand/ground blind sits or walking, being active, etc.?

1) you need to keep the core warm first......if your core is cold, its going to shunt blood away from the limbs, and it wont matter how many pairs of heated socks you have on.......if she is that cold, invest in some good wool or a heated vest.

2) if heated soles arent cutting it....its an insulation problem.....not a heat problem.

look into spending some good money on some thick wool boot socks and a good pair of insulated boots.

another option is look into drysuit undergarments.....

this is what i use for winter diving......if it will keep me warm in 36 degree ocean temps for a few hours.....should be fine for whatever you are using it for.

Have her see a doctor.
Age, weight, medical/family history, smoking history, fitness level all need to be considered.

Here's what I would look for on a first consultation:
1. Microvascular changes - Doppler Ultrasound to rule out varicose veins, DVT, stenosis (narrowing)
2. Peripheral Neuropathy - Clinical exam and possible EMG studies (nerve conduction speeds)
3. Radiculopathy - possible lumbar disc origin, usually L4/5 - L5/S1

No charge...this time;)

Reactions: camocorvette
Heated socks suck for walking around in. They don’t move like regular socks and can create hotspots, though not the kind you’re looking for.

Your feet should stay plenty warm while active, given a good insulating boot and winter sock. Hell, you can ski or snow board all day in sub freezing conditions, with wet feet and they’ll not be cold- because you’re active. What people fail to realize is that it is not the footwear material, but the air trapped by it, that insulates the foot. (This is true of all insulation, but we’re talking about feet.) When you get on stand, or where ever it is that your activity stops, untie your boots and really loosen the laces. This will allow your boot to better insulate your foot (the insulation can better loft when the boot is loose). You could also consider a boot insulator- basically a boot shaped insulating wrap. Either way loose boots = warmer feet. Also, increased general fitness level will help with circulation, which helps with keeping warm.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
Have her see a doctor.
Age, weight, medical/family history, smoking history, fitness level all need to be considered.

Here's what I would look for on a first consultation:
1. Microvascular changes - Doppler Ultrasound to rule out varicose veins, DVT, stenosis (narrowing)
2. Peripheral Neuropathy - Clinical exam and possible EMG studies (nerve conduction speeds)
3. Radiculopathy - possible lumbar disc origin, usually L4/5 - L5/S1

No charge...this time;)

This is why I love the hide..

Knowledge.

I was gonna say socks hahaha. Thank you