• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Colt Monolithic Upper- opinions?

Hannibal

Private
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2005
Just looked at a nice used Colt with the monolithic upper. Seemed mighty fine but still pricey compared to all the other brands next to it on the shelf- used it was still $1400. I've never had a Colt. Anyone tried out their new uppers?

Tums

Re: Colt Monolithic Upper- opinions?

$1400 is not all that good for a used 6940!! Complete rifles can be had NIB for <$1,600 and complete uppers can be had for <$1,000.

They are decent enough for a factory build. 16.1", free-floated, 1:7 Chrome lined MP tested barrels, standard with BUIS front and rear, and the monolithic rail is lighter than some competitors' versions. Accuracy is about what you'd expect (1.5MOA).

If you are looking to buy, for heaven's sake pass on the $1400 "deal" and look elsewhere.

Han - +1 on ORD's comments. Budsgunshop had 'em for $1450ish new a while back. I bought 3 at that price.

The Colt 6940 is a nice rifle, if it was done as a Mid-Length i would buy one.