• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Colt Woodsman Match Target Question

Shrike

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2004
Las Cruces, NM
Hey guys, my dad is looking to sell his 2nd Series Colt Woodsman Match Target 6" bar .22LR to invest in something a little more practical (range/carry use). I am not one to sell my guns and neither is he, but wanted to be sure to get a fair price for it. I was wondering if it is out of line to ask if anyone has a Blue Book of Gun Values and would be willing to take a peak at this gun for me.

I know KBB sells their books for a reason, but this is kind of a one time deal. I couldn't justify purchasing a book only to look up one gun. I can PM the S/N. It is in VF condition and comes with original box, paperwork, and 3 mags.

If PM is better or this is out of line, let me know.

Thanks for any help you CAN provide.

-Erik

Re: Colt Woodsman Match Target Question

Well I have the 29th edition and it says, colt woodsman 2nd series match target model 6" heavy barrel 100% = 1295 98% = 1100 95% = 750 But my book is a couple years old, I would look on gunbroker to give you a rough idea then add a couple hundred for a private sale. Good luck with the sale as these are great pistols.

I looked at a 2nd series 6" match target at Cabelas, wrong grips, honest wear but not a 90%+ gun and it was 795. I though it was high.

I have a Woodsman with the Standard barrel. Wonderful pistol, and you should really consider keeping it at all possible. Hard to imagine what one would replace it with. Having said that, I've seen the Target selling in the $600-650 range without the box, and extra mags, so $750 and up depending on condition would be reasonable.

Thank you for your responses! I really appreciate it.

To those who suggested keeping it:

We're definitely not collectors and would much rather see that gun in someone else's hands where it can be appreciated while we enjoy more practical handguns. I can always appreciate something valuable, but it doesn't usually go past that. I SHOOT guns and never want to be afraid of doing so because of value or collectability.

-Erik