• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Colts to release Peyton Manning

t0kie

Lock n Load
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2010
Bay Area, CA
It should be official tomorrow (3/7/2012).

Just wonder why he wants to risk it by continue playing & where will he play next season...

Re: Colts to release Peyton Manning

He should retire. He has played well, won a superbowl. Go enjoy family life.

It's a damn shame. I've been a Colts fan all of my life, and that wasn't very easy in the 80s and 90s. Manning brought the franchise back from the dead. Still, I think the Colts will do ok next year, and Manning will go on to have a couple more good years with a team. I hope he gets one more ring.

Hot damn, the Viqueens just found their next has been. Now they'll get that new stadium for sure.

Yeah, I think he should call it career, but as we all know it's very hard to tell ourself that it is finally over & move on, the itch is always there.
NFL is like business, there is no more loyalty like the ol' days...

Are they really letting him go? Bad move for the Colts...the team had hope that Manning would come back and they won like two games. How many will they win with no hope?

I predict he will go to the Jets. Manning brothers take New York.

He may go to a team that has solid offensive line & great chance to make it to the playoff (he won't go to a rebuilding team).

The very thing that makes Manning one of the greats is what has him working to come back. I think as long as he can produce and make a difference for a team he should keep going. Montana was in a similar situation and made the move after getting hurt, Manning should get the chance too.

3 neck surgeries. Compare that to the concussion woes that have ended several other hall of fame quarterback's careers and I'd say that it was a smart business move by the Colts. They have a 1st round pick and don't have to pay the guaranteed salary to a broken necked quarterback that should retire.

If they don't let him go today they have to pay him $28 million bonus tomorrow, so I can see him good as gone by the end of today.

The KC Chiefs will gladly give him a new home! lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's over in Indianapolis...

Sure would be nice to see him come to Tampa! </div></div>

Yes it would....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dtask</div><div class="ubbcode-body">3 neck surgeries. Compare that to the concussion woes that have ended several other hall of fame quarterback's careers and I'd say that it was a smart business move by the Colts. They have a 1st round pick and don't have to pay the guaranteed salary to a broken necked quarterback that should retire. </div></div>

I hate to admit it but if they weren't going to use him in a different role the release was the smart thing to do. First of all, his risk is not so much a broken neck, but likelihood that he may need the next level fusion within the first year is about 20%. Second, what is most affected by a neck fusion is range of motion; not only does a pro-QB have to scan across a field easily, he needs to be able to look in one direction whe throwing to the other. Loss of ROM bites.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: matchking</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Denver could use a QB for a few years. </div></div>
Good call there.

Old topic, but since it is bumped up already, Why on earth would he not have gone tot he 49ers. Staying in the AFC so he doesn't have to face his brother is chicken scratch. Best worst-case scenario, they face each other in the Superbowl (AFC v NFC). Had he gone to the niners, they face each other at most 2 times a year...it's not like he was going to Dallas where 3 times a year could happen with 2 guaranteed.

SF was returning an entire Defense that was sick as hell.
SF had the best TE in the game.
SF Signed Randy Moss (although old, still a deep threat) and he saw what Brady did with "just Randy."
SF Signed Manningham and he saw what his brother did with him.
SF has Crabtree that could have been the nastiest 3 threat receiver corps in the league.
SF had a coach that showed he could win in his first year.
SF has one of the elite RBs in the league.

They also had an OL that allowed Smith to get hit a lot...but with the line up they had, they could have traded draft picks to get solid guards and a solid center.

It just made too much sense to go to the 49ers that were one game away from a Superbowl...a game that they SHOULD HAVE won.

Jeff