• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Comanche with HRD Gear Arca Mount - Warhorse Development

Knight6

Minuteman
Nov 29, 2012
California, USA
Has anyone tried this out? What do you think about this reduced size bag against the standard Saracen size bag?

I have both and have used the full size Saracen quite a bit and really like it all but the weight. Only time the weight bothers though is for matches that require a lot of walking. I have only shot off of the Comanche once so far and my initial impression of it is positive. The reduced size makes it handier when it’s attached to your gun and I don’t feel like it’s small sizer really hurts you on barricades. The clamp is good quality and the QD socket is handy if you want to use it as a traditional rear bag and remove it.

I have both and have used the full size Saracen quite a bit and really like it all but the weight. Only time the weight bothers though is for matches that require a lot of walking. I have only shot off of the Comanche once so far and my initial impression of it is positive. The reduced size makes it handier when it’s attached to your gun and I don’t feel like it’s small sizer really hurts you on barricades. The clamp is good quality and the QD socket is handy if you want to use it as a traditional rear bag and remove it.
Thanks for your comments. I am trying to work out whether to go for the Comanche over the scaracen as I hope to start matches soon.