• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Combat Pack

tacticaladvant

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2011
Arizona
SSD had an overview for a combat x pack. I like the practicality and size, but I am wondering if I am missing some downsides.
ARES-Armor-Combat-XII-Pack-in-A-TACS-430x361.jpg

Re: Combat Pack

Once i get my camera up and running ill join in with my stuff. I hate to admit it but i have made a assualt vest and yes it does seem like a lot of people who do are posser's or trolls. But hey i had fun and it is a must if SHTF.

I don't see how making a pack would be a troll thing to do. Did you base it off another pack or just a concept you had in mind? Do you see something lacking in this one that you would prefer? Pay day is right around the corner, so I will have some money burning a hole in my pocket for something

From the vid I watched, first thing I thought was if you loose one of those buckles, your screwed. No way to secure the pack to your vest and it will be flopping around all over the place.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Socalsheepdog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From the vid I watched, first thing I thought was if you loose one of those buckles, your screwed. No way to secure the pack to your vest and it will be flopping around all over the place.</div></div>

my thoughts as well. Is there modular shoulder straps that can be attached if need be, or replacement buckles at a minimum that comes with it?

also is there some type of quick release so you can dump it?

I got one of those camelbak armorbak things that attached to my body armor.

It's a pain in the ass asking someone to unbuckle your camelbak just so you can fill up your water.

If something connects to your vest only then your going to need another person's help. The only other option is to take off your armor, and that isn't an option at all sometimes.

It looks great. I like the mag pouches poking out of the top.

I might get one if you could put some removable padded shoulder straps, and a removable padded waist belt on it.

From the website:

For lightweight loads (25 lbs and under) the Combat XII Pack features a unique direct to body armor wear system that allows the wearer’s arms full range of motion. <span style="color: #FF0000">For heavier loads, the Combat XII comes with shoulder straps so the pack can be worn by itself.</span>

Hopes this helps some of you guys. I like the looks of the pack, but I think attaching more shit to your armor is not the answer, at least from my experience. Sometimes it's nice to have the armor & no pack, other times it's nice to have the pack & no armor.

Overseas I had a blow out type hydration / gear job mounted on the back of my plate carrier, it was annoying as shit.
You can't get to it while your armour is on so you're asking dudes to grab things for you which is inconvenient at the best of times.

If it's battle sustainment like spare mags and smoke then it's ok. for your mates to get at in a hurry as long as you can get through door ways and windows.

I MUCH prefer just running a small day pack so I can sit down in a vehicle and have it as a grab bag when needed.

I ordered a MultiCam Pack with Matching webbing. As far as I know you can tighten the top tri-glide right to the vest so that it is secure with the bottom split posts in place. I guess you could lose the buckle, but there is a lot of stuff you could lose and be screwed. You could keep some spares in the pack.

You can also quick release one side of the pack and swing it around for quick access to the mags or pouches. plus they have shoulder straps for when I am not wearing a vest or don't want to clip direct. I should have it early next week and will let you know how it goes. They just put up a new massive ruck too.

It does seem that it would be hard to access. Maybe for an extended hike where you won't need to get in it much, but moving in and out of vehicles/buildings it could be a hindrance.

Thanks for the feedback. A couple of my buddies already put in their order so I am almost there. I would be using this out in the open, so I am not too concerned with bumping things. Plus I can swing it around and have monkey arms, so access is not a big concern.

These were some of the things I was considering, but was wondering if I missed something. I also know I have to keep the weight down when directly attached.

I just don't see me spending money on something like this other than the "cool" factor. I know that there are plenty of times that I would rather run armor/no pack or pack/no armor. Granted you could change the pack to a strap system...... but then how is it different from the rest of the bags out there????

I think I will take my chances for $135. I remember paying $100 for a Jansport book bag back in the day, so an extra $35 is not going to break the bank. Thanks for all the suggestions.