• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Comcast internet service

packratt

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2005
VA
Who has Comcast residential internet service only? NOT A TV INTERNET BUNDLE

Comcast is willing to pull their cable up our road if the 16 houses on it pay to have the cable pulled.

The only other viable choice is satellite, which I've had for the last 5-10 years. If Comcast`s rates are comparable to what I'm paying for the satellite and we can get 10 interested families I'd be willing to pay the 2100 for them to run the cable.

Catch is Comcast won't tell you what your monthly bill will be after the introductory offer.

What are you paying a month for Comcast internet?

I pay 72 a month for what was supposed to be 50. It goes up a couple dollars twice a year but the service doesn’t change.

My dad has satellite service. If my choice was between satellite and Comcast at a unknown rate, I’d take Comcast. And, Comcast can eat a bag of dicks. Satellite internet SUCKS!

Comcast can eat 10 bags of dicks
I have not had them in a few years, but when I did have them the internet service was almost $80 with taxes and fees

I chose to own my own modem and that was a HUGE mistake, anytime my service had any sort of glitch, they asked me to replace my cable modem as step 1 of troubleshooting. I eventually bought a second modem (still cheaper than renting over time) so I could swap out and prove to them it wasn't the modem.

Speeds went up and down depending on the day, but support and troubleshooting were non-existent beyhond reboot your modem, replace your modem, the problem must be in your equipment (modem, wifi router, or computer), you just had to hope and pray it stayed working.

All that said, still probably better than satellite, just know it isn't al roses and sunshine. Rent a trencher and run the cable yourself ;)

Comcast is willing to pull their cable up our road if the 16 houses on it pay to have the cable pulled.

The only other viable choice is satellite, which I've had for the last 5-10 years. If Comcast`s rates are comparable to what I'm paying for the satellite and we can get 10 interested families I'd be willing to pay the 2100 for them to run the cable.

Catch is Comcast won't tell you what your monthly bill will be after the introductory offer.

And if they tell you what your bill will be, figure adding 30 percent!

I have comcast.
very few limited issues in suburbia.

i work from home, run multiple web based programs, full second computer, stream music and my kiddo has been doing virtual learning.
again, occasional glitches, but most are company servers and web based programs accessed via VPN, so hard to pinpoint it to comcast.
When I worked from the office, I had a near similar rate of issues, though it seemed like a few more actually.

Only internet. No TV. Tv sucks

Reactions: Cmb1025
We pay $116 a month for their 1000MB speed. That’s with taxes, fees and the $12 monthly rental of their router.
The speed is great and we’ve never lost internet, but I do wish we had better choices down my street.

What Kickin45 said--exact same here. Other than the price, service has been fine. Fast with no issues.

when i lived in NJ Comcast sucked dirty filthy crack smoking assholes compared to Fios. Comcast Customer service was from the depths of hell. They don't give a fuck. They're service, while it has gotten better in the past years. still didn't hold a candle to Fios. Now I have Spectrum which i suspect is a cousin of comcast but to their credit the service has been wonderful and for being in the sticks I cannot complain about anything Spectrum does. That said i am strongly considering dropping the TV and land line altogether and just keeping the internet. I only have basic anyway, and at that i pretty much watch the morning news for the weather with my man Moe Schamll. After i get the weather, the rest of the news can fuck off. I don't need to hear what they have to say. Well....Julia can keep my attention for more than a minute. She's adorable. but after that .....they can fuck off.

I pay 120 a month for unlimited internet. Bought my own modem so I don't have to rent the one they provide. Well worth it with a house of four and everyone streaming everything.

Is that right $2100 to run down the road??? JEEZ.....that's cheap!!

I bet 2100 each for a total of 21,000. ITs funny they make people pay to build their networks.

Supercorndogs is correct 21000 for the 2 miles of cable along highway. I'm one of the lucky 5 that have their power above ground so they will piggy back the poles for free to get to house. Unless they provide the trench, the others are looking at around 25000 from road to house.

I haven't had any problems with satellite. Voip works fine. I dont online game. I done see the need to stream tv and movies. The only time I've had an issue is when I've watched too much crap on YouTube and reached my data limit.

Everything I've heard about comcast agrees with yall. It sucks. It would be nice to have another option but I can't see it if the monthly cost is worse.

Comcast customer service sucks in areas that the company sees as lucrative enough to run the cable as a point of doing business. How good would you expect it to be in an area where you were forced to pay for the infrastructure to have the privilege of paying for their service? If satellite does what you want it to do, tell Comcast to pound sand.

But, if your usage is taxing the current provider, or if it rains, or if the wind blows, or if it can be really really cloudy, or 100 other things that make satellite suck, the switch to cable will be worth it.

About $60mo for 600mbps

Keep an eye on your bill. They are notorious for good introductory offers and one day your bill doubles.

In my area, with taxes, modem rental, and 'insurance' it comes to about $85 per month. I used to go without the 'insurance' but always had problems with service and had to pay everytime a tech came out. . Once I ponied up the extra for the insurance the problems stopped. Isnt that called extortion.

The service is fine but Ive found its cheaper to just use my mobile phone as a hotspot. Yahoo has a package for unlimited phone, text, and data, with no limit on the data, it doesnt drop to lower speed, for about $40 per month but for some reason I cant get it to work for me.

Cell service is spotty. They were going to put in a tower nearby buy the people in the high dollar houses who have shit for cell service botched that the tower was going to be an eyesore

No internet and no phone? Why would you want to pay to fuck that up?...

Maybe you can get into the beta program

My advice is to wait. Verizon wireless is going to offer 5G internet for homes. You will need a really small antennae that sticks to the inside of a window. You can already see the system on the Verizon website.

The other alternative is to wait even a bit longer and jump on Elon Musk's Starlink. That should start running in 1-2 years. Price will be ~$30

I have Comcast, just internet. They're the lesser of the evils, in my area. The service is pretty good, but expensive. I bumped up my plan from 100mb/s, to 600mb/s. The rate went up $40/month, but no increase in bandwidth. I'm not locked in, so I think I'll go back to the lesser bandwidth, next month. Their customer services is good, when you can actually get someone on the phone.

Comcast reputation for CS is ABYSMAL. My dad initiated service with Comcast and when he passed mom kept it for years and they even conned her into upgrades. When she finally decided to cut off the service they told her she was not on the acct. She tried to send appropriate docs but they're so shit sorry they still sent her to collections.
Comcast can chew a whole bag of dicks and fucking go to hell.