• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Come back from vacation and your house is gone.....

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    It sounds like they did her a favor. Boarded up for 15 years, now the company will have to remove the debris and pay her replacement cost. Gotta love the job foreman's response "Oops, wrong address, bye." Packs up and leaves with out a word.:p

Woman returns from vacation, finds Atlanta home demolished

1697894939072.jpeg
    FOX 5 Atlanta
    https://www.fox5atlanta.com › news › woman-returns-fr...

15 hours ago — It's an unforgivable accident. That's how one woman describes coming back from vacation to find a company accidentally leveled a home she owned.

Replacement costc of what exactly?? Cause any lawyer will get it knocked down to "agreed value". She is not getting a brand new home. At best the company insurance will be the one who fights the whole thing. The company that did the work will just go on with life.

the-goon-star-wars.gif

Reactions: lash
    she pays the taxes.... assessed value is the place to start for her... the demolition company will not be off the hook... they made the mistake, and wound up "destroying private property"... no less culpable if they had burned it down, which would have led to an arson charge... if I were her, I would use assessed value and go for triple damages

Last edited:
    My property tax statement itemizes land and structures separately. I’d assume to start with those numbers. Either that or cost to rebuild.

Reactions: Balor
    Had been boarded up for 15 years. The thread title should read “Come back from vacation and A house was gone…”

Hell, around here, you board up a home for 15 years and the city will designate it as a “blight.” They’ll knock it down for you, and send a bill for the service…

I think she should sue them for so much money that they have to decide whether keeping that idiot driver is really worth it. How many more "oops, wrong house" can they afford to pay for?

Happens all the time in Great Britain, haha. I read about some poor fucker who went on holiday and while he was gone the town council declared his house a nuisance, tore it down and sold his property to the hotel next door for a parking lot, all in 4 weeks. All perfectly legal. It seems to hotel owner was on the council and tried buying the place for a decade at far under actual value and the guy kept refusing to sell. So they just fucking stole it.

In the end the courts ruled it was legal because it helped with tourism.

• Sad
    Reactions: Maxwell and Maggot
    Always wanted to do that but completely remove the home and grade the site and put sod down so when they come back from vacation they drive pass the lot thinking their on the wrong road.

she pays the taxes.... assessed value is the place to start for her... the demolition company will not be off the hook... they made the mistake, and wound up "destroying private property"... no less culpable if they had burned it down, which would have led to an arson charge... if I were her, I would use assessed value and go for triple damages
    Lets not forget the emotional destress, pain and suffering, not only of losing a priceless irreplaceable family treasure:cool:, but having to end her vacation early.

The Horror....

Happens all the time in Great Britain, haha. I read about some poor fucker who went on holiday and while he was gone the town council declared his house a nuisance, tore it down and sold his property to the hotel next door for a parking lot, all in 4 weeks. All perfectly legal. It seems to hotel owner was on the council and tried buying the place for a decade at far under actual value and the guy kept refusing to sell. So they just fucking stole it.

In the end the courts ruled it was legal because it helped with tourism.

Subjects...

That's killdozer material here.

• Love
    Reactions: Im2bent
    Replacement costc of what exactly?? Cause any lawyer will get it knocked down to "agreed value". She is not getting a brand new home. At best the company insurance will be the one who fights the whole thing. The company that did the work will just go on with life.

the-goon-star-wars.gif
    Bullshit....nice fucking story though . You have no clue what the fuck you are talking about .

Lets not forget the emotional destress, pain and suffering, not only of losing a priceless irreplaceable family treasure:cool:, but having to end her vacation early.

The Horror....
    You must be the gossip queen at the hair salon . :ROFLMAO:

Bullshit....nice fucking story though . You have no clue what the fuck you are talking about .

Nice. Did someone hurt your feelings too?? What the fuck do you know about anybody ??