• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Comet viewing for those who are so inclined -- Nishimura

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman

If you have a good set of binoculars or a good spotter... and want to get up early... Comet Nishimura is approaching its brightest. In fact, this one may soon be visible with the naked eye.

It should be visible close to Venus early in the morning...

Bright green, apparently. Lots of copper in this one perhaps?

Cheers,

Sirhr

Setting up a powerful little telescope in a backyard in this awesome late summer weather with fireflies buzzing about and plenty of food, ice cream, and beverages on hand, and having all of your neighbors and friends over for an evening of chilling, talking, and taking turns looking through the telescope has got to be one of the MOST wholesome aspects of living in suburbia where the light pollution is low enough that many if not most features of the night sky is visible.

I hope a lot of people take advantage of this and do exactly that. We need a break from all of the ghetto public restroom stench wafting from the higher levels of government and politics.

Setting up a powerful little telescope in a backyard in this awesome late summer weather with fireflies buzzing about and plenty of food, ice cream, and beverages on hand, and having all of your neighbors and friends over for an evening of chilling, talking, and taking turns looking through the telescope has got to be one of the MOST wholesome aspects of living in suburbia where the light pollution is low enough that many if not most features of the night sky is visible.

I hope a lot of people take advantage of this and do exactly that. We need a break from all of the ghetto public restroom stench wafting from the higher levels of government and politics.

Lots of times, comets are best viewed with binoculars. But, yes, it is a great thing to do.

When it reaches its best viewing, I'll be in Central Labrador on a motorcycle. The viewing should be utterly spectacular! No light pollution at all in Labrador City and Manic-5.

Good rifle scopes and spotters make for great celestial viewing, too! The moon is remarkable through a decent optic!

Kids go nuts the first time they see 'stuff' in the sky. It's way better than Nintendo!

Sirhr

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
I live approximately 80 miles from the nearest decent sized city (is such a thing as decency to be associated with bigger cities?), in one of the regions of AZ known as The High Lonesome; and the night skies are spectacular around here. ...Probably the best part of living here...