• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Comfortable shoes?

Triton225

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2019
Wondering what some of you think is a good COMFORTABLE hiking shoe?
My go to was the Salomon X pro 3d something or other. Last few pairs haven't been as comfortable. Slight model changes from my originals. Anyway, on that type shoe/hiking boot what's another option?

Depends...flat ground? Heavy pack? Resolvable?

Vivo Barefoot.

Take it slow and get your feet and body used to them if you're not used to barefoot.

I wear the Trackers every day and on maintained trails, and Tracker ESC for hiking.

I've found the flexible sole helps me feel the ground better, and respond to changes in terrain, rocks, dips, and so on faster. No sprained ankles in about 100 km of hiking so far.

I got some Hoka Kaha’s a few months back after getting tired of my Merrell Moab Goretex coming apart repeatedly and some pairs barely making it 50 miles.

I’m close to 150 miles of hiking on them with no signs of them coming apart, minimal wear, and still as comfy as the day I got them. One big thing I noticed is the cushioning when I’m hiking down a really rocky area, it’s simply amazing, no more sore feet after stomping down boulders for a couple miles. They also required zero break in, I wore them out of the store and the next morning did a strenuous 7 mile hike.

Something with Velcro closures and Haband stretch waist pants.......

I like my Reeboks.
I have trouble finding anything else in 12 EEEE sizing.