• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Group Buys **Coming Soon** CZ 455/457 Custom GM 22LR Barrel Group Buy

padom

SuperMod
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 13, 2013
    Southeastern, Pennsylvania
    Ok guys, Ive talked to Keystone Accuracy and they will do a Group Buy only for these due to the amount of work per barrel. They will NOT be taking calls, emails, questions, individual orders on CZ 455/457 barrels. It is not worth their time away from the machine to be taking calls and answering questions on these which is why they will only do them if we get a group together.

We need a minimum of 10 prepaid orders to initiate the group buy. Once we have 10 or more confirmed orders and payment Keystone will be given a spreadsheet with name, address, specs and order#. You will be given an order sheet to include in the box to mail your action in to Keystone with the Order# written on the outside of the box. Turn around time from once your action is received till its shipped back to you will be 4 weeks MAXIMUM depending on shop work load but 2 weeks generally.

Barrels can be ordered in lengths from 16.1" - 24". Two contours will be available. 0.90" straight and Varmint contour. The barrel tenons will be custom fitted to your action for a nice tight, wobble free fit. You can choose to have the set screw notches cut into your tenon if your going to utilize the factory set screws to hold your barrel into your action or you can choose to have a round tenon like mine shown below. Keystone will then mail your action and new custom fit barrel back to you so you can glue it into the action like I did with Loctite 609. If you choose the set screw installation keystone will install your barrel and ship it.

All barrels will have a Lilja chamber identical to mine below and headspace will be set to 0.041". Due to CZ 455/457 actions varying slightly, everyone will need to send your action to Keystone Accuracy for a true custom fit barrel. These are not semi-custom/drop in barrels. Each one is custom fit to your action. No shims are used.

Keystone will be using Green Mountain 416SS 1:16 Twist Turned on Centers, Air Gauge and Stress Relieved Blanks

10 barrels - $500 + $35 S&H
    10+ Barrels - $475 + $35 S&H
    Optional Invisi-Thread Seamless Thread Protector - $60

Payment via Paypal Gift or + 4% or USPS Money Order

Deadline is May 1, 2019 to get the minimum of 10 orders.
    If we dont get 10 orders by May 1 this Group Buy will not take place until the fall due to a Keystone Accuracy Shop Expansion to a new facility.

Options

Barrel Length - 16.1" - 24"
    0.900" Straight Contour
    Palma 0.900" for the 1st 1", then taper down to 0.775 for the next 2", then straight out to the muzzle 0.775"
    Muzzle Threaded 1/2"-28 or Target Crown

Post here if you want in on the GB and I will PM you for your email address so I can get all your info. Once we have 10 I will collect payment and provide you with an Order# and Order Form and instructions to mail your action to Keystone Accuracy. I will email you when your action has been received, and when its been shipped back.

All questions, concerns, etc. will be handled through me. This is how I contracted with Keystone to get them to do this GB based off the amount of requests Ive received for one of these barrels. They have to do it this way to keep on the machines cutting barrels.

Let me know if you have any questions

Last edited:
    Reactions: BigRed308
    Tagging myself for interest. I have a couple barrels I’ll be testing over the rest of the month. If I’m not sastified with any of them, this seems to be the best option. Thanks for facilitating this!

I may be in. I would possibly looking at two barrels. My questions are,

1.Since the 455 and the 457 use the same barrels, will they accept doing the work on the 457 too?

2. I’d need some additional info with regards to gluing the barrels into the actions. Can you point me in the right direction so that I can determine which route is right for me?

Thanks,
    ST42

PS. I saw your post on RC, very nice groupings with that barrel!

I may be in. I would possibly looking at two barrels. My questions are,

1.Since the 455 and the 457 use the same barrels, will they accept doing the work on the 457 too?

2. I’d need some additional info with regards to gluing the barrels into the actions. Can you point me in the right direction so that I can determine which route is right for me?

Thanks,
    ST42

PS. I saw your post on RC, very nice groupings with that barrel!

Sure, each one is custom fit to the action so the 457 wouldnt be a problem.

There is nothing special to gluing it. I will make a video in the next few weeks on how to do it. But I put the barrel in my vice just to hold it. Clean both the inside of the action and the tenon of the barrel with alcohol or similar to remove any oils. Coat the barrel tenon with 609 liberally, with the bolt insert into the action I push the action onto the barrel to ensure the extractor grooves line up and you can wrap a piece of duct tape around the back of the action and secure to both sides of barrel to hold it in place. It dries very fast, especially if you hit it with a heat gun real quick. Let cure for 24hr. Its then on there rock solid. You have to heat it up with a heat gun and tap it out with a wood dowel to remove. Not hard but the barrel isnt coming off.

Reactions: Hagen and Tx_Aggie
    if we are going 457 route, do we need to have the actions ready to ship on May 1? i may be interested but not sure on having one in hand by then

No but not long after. May 1st is the deadline to get 10 people. I'll probably then give 7 days to get payment from the 10 or more. As I receive payment I will send you an order confirmation you will use to ship your action to Keystone. I would say you need to have it to Keystone by the 15th.

We have 7 so far. Just waiting on requested info from 5 to officially add them to the list. We should be good for the 10 but will see once people send me the requested info to add them to the list officially vs just saying Im In....

Update

Only received the required info from 2 people so far. Waiting on info from 4 more. If I get that info from those 4 then we only need 4 more to get this group buy going and actions shipping to Keystone.

Ok so far everyone that said they were in has ordered a 0.900" straight contour and glue in tenon. After talking with Keystone we are changing the second contour to more of a Palma countour.

0.900" for the 1st 1", then taper down to 0.775 for the next 2", then straight out to the muzzle 0.775".

Some guys have been asking if these barrels come with Keystone's Invisi-Thread thread protector, and if not, how much would that be.

They do NOT come with any thread protector but Keystone agreed to make it an option for those that want it. The cost will be $60 for their seamless thread protector. Normal pricing is $80 for this option outside the Group Buy.

For those that aren't familiar with this, you cannot see where the 2 meet when fully tightened. This is fully machined during the machining process, not screwed on after the fact and blended to match.

Last edited:
    Reactions: BigRed308
    Update

As of today we have 5 100% committed and on the list. Haven't received info from one that said they were in and one dropped out due to personal emergency.

We need 5 more to get this rolling between now and May 1st.

Send me a PM. Concerned a little about the whole gluing deal. Seems like a little more work than I want to take on right now

Send me a PM. Concerned a little about the whole gluing deal. Seems like a little more work than I want to take on right now

This is literally the easiest thing youll ever do. I promise. If you can squirt glue out of a bottle and rub it around with your finger your g2g. Takes 1min. I will do a video for you you.

PM Sent

To late in the game for me. Fixing to have a 6 creed barrel done but I’ll definitely want in on the next one.

This is literally the easiest thing youll ever do. I promise. If you can squirt glue out of a bottle and rub it around with your finger your g2g. Takes 1min. I will do a video for you you.

PM Sent

I'll second this. I glued in a Savage .22 barrel and it was rock solid. It is very easy, just be ready to get it installed fairly quickly. It is not coming out without heat, a hammer and a wooden dowel.

3 more. We are almost there. 8 days left to get 10. The sooner we hit 10 the sooner we can start shipping actions. Keystone is ready. Turn around will be max 3 weeks but most the time its back in less than 2 weeks.

We have 7 people 100% confirmed, ready and waiting. We have 1 or 2 people that said they are possibly in but if they didnt commit and send me the requested info they aren't on my list.

We need 3 more and have 7 days to get there.

Those of you that got in on this group buy, I just posted an announcement my contacts over at MDT just gave me here.

This new MDT ACC 455 chassis will pair nicely with a new 0.900 straight contour match barrel!

@MDT_Josh
    @MDT_OFFICIAL

Last edited:
    Reactions: MDT_Josh
    so i know i mentioned up thread that i might be interested. unfortunately due to some unforeseen household expenses (old houses SUCK), i am officially out on this group buy. sorry but i don't want to gum up the numbers as someone on the fence. really sucks because this looks like an awesome opportunity.

Two questions please:

Is there a valid reason to not go with the factory set screws and then glue that into the RX? (Ready to hit send on my info once I decide on which way)

Any thoughts about the cheapest way to get it there and back with Fed, State and Shipper rules in play?

Two questions please:

Is there a valid reason to not go with the factory set screws and then glue that into the RX? (Ready to hit send on my info once I decide on which way)

Any thoughts about the cheapest way to get it there and back with Fed, State and Shipper rules in play?

I have no scientific data for you. This was suggested to my by Don Smith. He said he glued all his barrels in. Im getting the accuracy shown above with glue in per his suggestion, Im not changing it. You can choose whichever one you want.

I’m already in on this for two barrels. Padom , just curious. How many guys are going the glued route on their orders? I’m doing the glued. Just wondering.

Too bad there’s not an option for a .17HMR or I’d be in. Got a varmint Precision trainer that should be here next week and needs a new barrel. Lilja it is I guess

Well look at that. #10. The guy that got in yesterday still hasnt replied to my PM's. Hopefully he does soon or we are back to 9...

Alright I have all the info for all 10. Watch your emails today. I will be EMAILING each of you an order confirmation and payment instructions. Once I have your payment, I will email you shipping instructions to Keystone Accuracy.

Reactions: dirtyharry509
    Invoices have been E-Mailed out to all 10 people. Lets get payment quickly so we can get actions shipping to Keystone. We are counting on all 10 paying, we dont want to have to cancel the GB because people didnt pay.

Make that 4 brother. Cash is inbound.

Thank you for the prompt payment gents.

Correction
    Need payment from 3 more people and we are ready to send out shipping instructions with Order confirmations

Thank you for the prompt payment gents.

Correction
    Need payment from 3 more people and we are ready to send out shipping instructions with Order confirmations
    In back to backs all day. Will take care of this tonight

Reactions: padom