• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coming to a hood near you?

Gunfighter14e2

Hunter/trapper of Remora's
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2002
Lick skillet Alabama
eham.net
Do tell what people with mortgages will do when their Ins company cancels them and the mortgage holder says you either find Ins or pay it off now.

Oh wait we can provide Ins for just a "Little" more than you were paying, what will it be?

Forget the link sorry,

Last edited:
Do tell what people with mortgages will do when their Ins company cancels them and the mortgage holder says you either find Ins or pay it off now.

Oh wait we can provide Ins for just a "Little" more than you were paying, what will it be?
Why would my insurance company do such a thing? They like receiving my premiums.

Because suddenly the insurance company determines it's too risky to keep insuring your home. State Farm is going to be doing this in California this year.
With the ability to start fires at will with DEW, after significant losses in a particular area, one could assume insurance in that area would become unavailable, therefore ensuring focused financial destruction and depopulation. Sounds like a great reset.

Because suddenly the insurance company determines it's too risky to keep insuring your home. State Farm is going to be doing this in California this year.
While I'm all for removing the dead weight, and those most likely to "Have a claim of convince" I think there is way more to this than first meets the eye. If the Ins company can't raise rates do to state issues, this provides a back door to raise those rates, thru the mortgage holder.

With the ability to start fires at will with DEW, after significant losses in a particular area, one could assume insurance in that area would become unavailable, therefore ensuring focused financial destruction and depopulation. Sounds like a great reset.

Those terawatt lasers are real bad news. Better paint your roof ultraviolet.

So the money they bank for all those years for no claims filed isnt enough for them.
Nope, I dumped Nationwide (after 20+years w/o a claim) as I got tired of their rate going up every year, do to issues they had to pay out in other A/O's according to them. I don't live on the beech, in a quake zone, or fire zone, and I'm not paying for those who do. Something comes with every address but that is the addressees issue not mine.

Ins will one day be totally based on your credit score & zip code.

Some insurance companies that have pulled out of Florida or taken steps to reduce their exposure include AAA, Farmers Insurance, Bankers Insurance and Lexington Insurance.Oct 6, 2023
My insurance has tripled in the last four years.
Seriously considering just dropping it.

Reactions: gigamortis
I haven't had homeowners insurance in 30 years.

I tried to buy ins once when a FF came within 300 yards of my property but was denied. My home on 4 acres is a small old cabin anyway and has been payed in full since when I bought it for half price as a repo from a bank 14 years ago. Haven't put much money into it because I did most of the renovation work myself.

If it burns down I have the money to build something similar so..... Ha, almost be doing me a favor. Or I'll clean the mess up, sell it as is, and move where I've wanted to live for the last 10 years.

Heck my vehicles and my few possessions are worth more than my cabin is and I can drive them off to my relatives just as I did last time a threat happened.

My property is really pretty bordering the FS on 3 sides and a decade ago I thought hard about building a 1500 sqft log cabin but it would have ran me 2000 a month payments which I still would have been paying off vs retiring and having mostly financial freedom.

In some ways its nice to be on the poor side and the kids gone.

I haven't had homeowners insurance in 30 years.

I tried to buy ins once when a FF came within 300 yards of my property but was denied. My home on 4 acres is a small old cabin anyway and has been payed in full since when I bought it for half price as a repo from a bank 14 years ago. Haven't put much money into it because I did most of the renovation work myself.

If it burns down I have the money to build something similar so..... Ha, almost be doing me a favor. Or I'll clean the mess up, sell it as is, and move where I've wanted to live for the last 10 years.

Heck my vehicles and my few possessions are worth more than my cabin is and I can drive them off to my relatives just as I did last time a threat happened.

My property is really pretty bordering the FS on 3 sides and a decade ago I thought hard about building a 1500 sqft log cabin but it would have ran me 2000 a month payments which I still would have been paying off vs retiring and having mostly financial freedom.

In some ways its nice to be on the poor side and the kids gone.

At least it's quaint and cozy nowadays. That's inexpensive redwood fencing I used for siding.

Attachments

• 20221014_134017.jpg
    20221014_134017.jpg
    815.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 20220618_134943.jpg
    20220618_134943.jpg
    744.2 KB · Views: 86
  • 20220817_123226.jpg
    20220817_123226.jpg
    883.1 KB · Views: 92
yea,increased premiums to cover the cost of repairing damage to beach front mansions is a problem here in FL as elsewhere. it's a chronic abuse of the middle class and is set up to protect ins co mostly. the scam of canceling and then offering higher cost policy is a new scam that the gov will do nothing to correct. gotta protect the banks retarded investing moves. here is yet another area where gov driven inflation is hurting everyone. insane house prices,higher prices for labor and materials adds to the cost of repairs that get covered. yet another gift from obiden. have considered dropping or reducing homeowner coverage. waiting to see the bill for this year. my neighbor's rate increased about 100%.

Reactions: BurtG
Many Insurance companies have been doing this in Komifornia. Fires have made the insurance companies have to give out alot of money......and they don't like it. Luckily the State came to the rescue. Look up California fair plan. Not fair....not affordable.

Why would my insurance company do such a thing? They like receiving my premiums.

My homeowners insurance canceled me this winter after 18 years. I had one claim for $5k about 14 years ago. They said it was because I didn't have my auto insurance with them and are only insuring if you have home and auto through them. I received a letter in the mail with no explanation so I had to ask my agent what the deal was.

Remember, this is the same mainstream media that is getting laid off in huge numbers because no one is buying their sacks of bullshit anymore.

I just had a crazy idea, a thought that might just die of loneliness.

Call your insurance agent. Crazy, I know. Instead of reading the whipped up horse shit from some commie propagandist designed to keep you scared and mad or both.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
This happened to my neighbor or across the street. Their insurance company told them they had to get a new roof or their policy was going to be canceled. Insurance company told them they got the info from google maps.

this was done to my pops in ohio. kent area.

he doesnt have a lot to do these days, so when something happens that insurance should cover, he holds their feet to the fire. they do no like paying out, so they are trying to find a reason to get rid of him. they came up with an excuse about some panneling on the back of his garage-how would they even be able to see it? yeah.

good news is dad was able to get it to their liking before their "deadline or else" timeframe.

“People have to move into our five minute cities one way or another so we can better control them. Even if we have to burn them out.”

That is not a direct quote. But yeah, something like that.

So the money they bank for all those years for no claims filed isnt enough for them.
Exactly.

Insurance companies are scum bags

“rates going up because the stock market is doing bad that’s where we put the premium money “

“Rates going up because replacement costs are more expensive “

They love premiums but will do anything they can to avoid a claim.

Is there a requirement for insurance in the mortgage contract?? As if they SAY specifically any national/local insurance company?? Cause one MIGHT argue….self-insured. Not to mention is there a arbitration clause???

Remember, this is the same mainstream media that is getting laid off in huge numbers because no one is buying their sacks of bullshit anymore.

I just had a crazy idea, a thought that might just die of loneliness.

Call your insurance agent. Crazy, I know. Instead of reading the whipped up horse shit from some commie propagandist designed to keep you scared and mad or both.
No this is happening.

Insurance company demanding I replace roof on rather expensive waterfront home. Nothing wrong with roof. Say there’s too many roof fraud claims from tropical storms

They'd do better to clean up their shady as crap roof replacement industry and adjusters being on the take than to mess with their customers but the reality is this, as my attorney told me about 15 years ago "Insurance companies are in the business of creating cute commercials and taking your money, not paying claims"

I am going through this exact thing right now. Roof is 7 years old. Provided documentation of the 100% replacement and they are still claiming poor condition based solely on a Google image. They will not do a physical inspection themselves, yet won't do anything with the information I provide them.

• Angry
Reactions: NoDopes
A mortgage without insurance is essentially unsecured debt, and banks don't do that shit for mortgage level accounts. The potential alternative would be to self insure by placing the full amount of the mortgage in escrow to cover a full loss, and that of course would be dumb as fuck.

The rapid increase of residential real estate prices as well as auto prices hammered the insurance industry, operating at hundreds of millions to billions in annual losses, and the whip saw is swinging back at us the customers now. Materials/parts, labor, all has gone up at insane rates and everyone is getting fucked as a result. Yes, it does have to do with investors wanting a return and the companies needing to show a profit while rebuilding their moat for the next catastrophic storm, last year was light on those, but insurance is in business to make money with heavy competition and slim margins over time when boom/bust seasons gets averaged out.

Them using Google for the imagery is fucking stupid. My house has been here for six years, yet it doesn't even exist on Google Maps/Earth. They're so far out of date in many areas, it's completely unreliable.

I'd try to talk to the insurance company, then get on the phone or better yet on the road to your state's insurance regulatory office. They are the only ones with the power and influence to intervene, but remember they're on the side of the insurance company and it will be very hard to push your case. If you get dropped, that makes it extremely difficult to get insurance elsewhere and at a likely minimum will require a full home inspection prior to being underwritten.

Best bet? Pay off the mortgage and tell the banks and insurance companies to get fucked. Then you can self insure all you want, but realize the risk is you are paying for full replacement of your home when it burns to the ground as well as possibly the neighbor's house when the fire jumps there. Quit playing their fucking racket as much as you can, and it very much is a racket in full cooperation with your state law makers and regulators in their pockets.

Reactions: mosin46
Is there a requirement for insurance in the mortgage contract?? Cause one MIGHT argue….self-insured.

I asked my mortgage broker and my insurance broker about this as my insurer is leaving the state of Texas so I will have to move to somebody else for probably 30-50% more according to my insurance broker.

Mortgage holder says 100% of mortgage value in an escrow account would satisfy them... thats north of 350k... and thats dumb... if I have 100% of my mortgage value sitting around im paying the bitch off and fuck off with your insurance requirement...

Insurance broker says he has a few options, but typically require 20% of mortgage value(~70k for me currently) as your bond and then they still have a premium, but its FAR FAR less, like 300-500 per year. I dont have 70k cash sitting around personally. And its more a catastrophic plan where if the house burns down or is completely demolished by a tornado they pay out, but a roof, nope, theft, nope, etc... Basically they are to make the mortgage holder whole and you are completely fucked. His opinion for 95%+ of people out there is regular ol home owners insurance(all perils policy if you can get one) and take the fucking they are currently giving. He said he see's insurance do shit like this for a while then they get rid of all the shit they dont want, realize their business is suffering, and then offer stupid incentives to get people back. He's been doing it 30+ years and has seen 4-5 cycles of this. He thinks some time this year the stupidity will stop and by 2025 will be trending back the other direction.

Has anybody been able to sue the ins co for this shit?
Sue them for what? A business isn't required to do business with you. You have to prove they're being discriminatory or breached their near bulletproof contract. They'll just say you're required to maintain the property at satisfactory levels, and you're not being satisfactory.

The only real alternative is going to the regulators and forcing an on-site inspection, at your expense, to keep them from dropping you.

It might be worth talking to a lawyer as all states vary, but the likelihood there's a legal avenue is very limited.

Forget the link sorry,

Get used to this being the new normal.

Here in Arizona the county uses drones and aerial photographs to fine people for unauthorized property work (backyard pool, deck addition whatever) and the HOAs hire drone companies to look for violations. Where I live right now one of the neighbors is on the HOA board and the shithead flies over peoples houses with his drone looking for stuff to complain about.

• Angry
Reactions: Yasherka and BurtG
Exactly.

Insurance companies are scum bags

“rates going up because the stock market is doing bad that’s where we put the premium money “

“Rates going up because replacement costs are more expensive “

They love premiums but will do anything they can to avoid a claim.
Stop noticing goy

Say there’s too many roof fraud claims from tropical storms

They just don't want to pay out claims in that area anymore. The gov already gives them subsidies and bails them out after huge disasters (hurricanes etc) yet they keep screwing their customers over.

What's going to happen is government funded insurance plans for higher risk areas.

They just don't want to pay out claims in that area anymore. The gov already gives them subsidies and bails them out after huge disasters (hurricanes etc) yet they keep screwing their customers over.

What's going to happen is government funded insurance plans for higher risk areas.
In 04 we had 4 hurricanes pummel Florida.
After ALL payouts, the insurance company's made record profits and not by small margins.
Don't fall for their bullshit

FEMA flood insurance? It's very expensive because of the administrative overhead. 1000's of worthless government workers. Do as little as possible until the pension kicks in.

Hmmm. Don't owe on my house, got dropped, wondering if i should just not insure it. Only 2 things that worry me is fire and robbery. Both are fairly low risk.

Hmmm. Don't owe on my house, got dropped, wondering if i should just not insure it. Only 2 things that worry me is fire and robbery. Both are fairly low risk.

fire is a big one. Tornado's...if you have them. Those would be the big 2.

Robbery, you can math that one out...

My policy is 1% deductible outside of roof which is 2% or ~10-12k bucks(and pays, in reality, pro-rated to the lifespan of the roof). So thats 5500 bucks, might be 6k(I dont remember off the top of my head what my policy value is 550-600k something). So you have to look at "what would a scumbag steal if they broke in"... firearms are usually excluded or have a max of 2500 or 5000 pay out without a detailed list and a rider... I've got a couple TV's worth maybe 3k total...my laptop and a couple ipads, again maybe 2k bucks worth. my wife has basically no jewelry so... furniture? not an often stolen item I dont think. "hey crackhead bob, lets go steal this mother fuckers couch"...said no crackhead ever... So if I think some scumbag might steal less than 3k bucks worth of TV's and 2k bucks worth of laptop and ipads... I wouldnt even be able to make an insurance claim... Tools in my garage? Maybe. The rest of my junk??? sure take it off my hands, saves me the trouble of throwing it away.

Car stolen out of garage? Is that homeowners or auto insurance? The two will take each other to arbitration and fight over that would be my guess... or your home owners would pay to the limit of household contents(50k is fairly common limit) and then the auto would pay the rest...

When my mortgage is paid off in a few more years I will be revisiting insurance with my broker and decide what I really need and what I dont and build an appropriate policy. do I need to be spending 4k+ a year for a bunch of shit that doesnt even make sense to submit a claim on at a 1% deductible and then you risk your rates going up or getting dropped? Can I get 20k+ into an account to cover a full roof replacement if I need it?

To answer the OP's question- should this trend grow legs and impact more areas/expand to other insurance providers I wouldn't at all be surprised (especially if the current administration gets a 2nd term) for the government to respond with them having and being the solution and getting into the insurance game guaranteeing coverage for the economically disadvantaged homeowners.

Should that prediction come to fruition, the way I see it playing out is as follows- First there will be an exuberant media campaign where all the major news companies smear the "evil" insurance providers for being greedy and using "predatory" business practices that disproportionately impacts minorities and is all manners of adjectives that we're accustomed to such as racist, transphobic, sexist, etc. For weeks if not months this will be the leading story on all the MSM channels.

After a set amount of time, there will be a news conference hosted by the president with a speech focused on chastising Congress's inability to take action to "protect" it's people and as such they're creating a new government agency tasked with providing homeowners insurance that is Federally insured through an executive order. Of course there'll be a group of figureheads behind the president applauding this decision of taking divisive action and getting more face time in the media.

They'll also announce the new head of the newly formed Department of 'Whatever'. It'll likely be somebody with some name recognition, more likely than not a former governor or CEO aligned with the administration's politics. After the announcement the MSM will then switch gears talking about the virtues of the decision/executive action and gushing over how great of a choice the newly appointed department head was and of course sprinkling in regular reminders of the evil insurance companies.

Untold millions if not billions of dollars will be spent creating this new Department and all of the stuff that goes with it. They'll eventually push for more 'regulation' of the insurance companies as the result of their inevitable braintrust and will 'fund' it by the 'non-disadvantaged' groups by being forced to carry coverage that they don't deem necessary. In turn, the premiums will go up for all those with current policies and the 'disadvantaged' will get cheap if not free coverage guaranteed by the Federal government while those subsidizing it will pay significantly more for a now-garbage policy.

A select number of business owners/leaders will become exuberantly wealthy off of the influx of government money and not be held to any form of accountability of delivering a product. They in turn will return the favor by making substantial campaign contributions to whatever party put this decree in place. There will also be a significant number of sitting members of congress, lobbyists, and other connected people that make a killing on the stock market as the value swells with the newly found and recklessly spent tax dollars to 'solve' the problem.

The MSM will then leverage the griping of people that saw their costs go up and coverage go down significantly and start a new campaign labeling those that are unhappy as racists, transphobic, sexist, whatever. The political platform will continue to pat themselves on the back on how great they are and never miss an opportunity to bring it up on how they took care of the 'little man'. And after all is said and done, we'll have a larger federal government, higher taxes, more expensive premiums with lesser coverage, another increase in the Federal deficit, and what we'll have to show for it is constant media reminders on how great this was for us and reassuring us that the government solved all of our problems.

I don't know if I missed anything and truly hope that my tinfoil hat is on a few sizes too small but that's how I see it unfolding to the question of 'what are people with mortgages going to do'.

-LD

Last edited:
fire is a big one. Tornado's...if you have them. Those would be the big 2.

Robbery, you can math that one out...

My policy is 1% deductible outside of roof which is 2% or ~10-12k bucks(and pays, in reality, pro-rated to the lifespan of the roof). So thats 5500 bucks, might be 6k(I dont remember off the top of my head what my policy value is 550-600k something). So you have to look at "what would a scumbag steal if they broke in"... firearms are usually excluded or have a max of 2500 or 5000 pay out without a detailed list and a rider... I've got a couple TV's worth maybe 3k total...my laptop and a couple ipads, again maybe 2k bucks worth. my wife has basically no jewelry so... furniture? not an often stolen item I dont think. "hey crackhead bob, lets go steal this mother fuckers couch"...said no crackhead ever... So if I think some scumbag might steal less than 3k bucks worth of TV's and 2k bucks worth of laptop and ipads... I wouldnt even be able to make an insurance claim... Tools in my garage? Maybe. The rest of my junk??? sure take it off my hands, saves me the trouble of throwing it away.

Car stolen out of garage? Is that homeowners or auto insurance? The two will take each other to arbitration and fight over that would be my guess... or your home owners would pay to the limit of household contents(50k is fairly common limit) and then the auto would pay the rest...

When my mortgage is paid off in a few more years I will be revisiting insurance with my broker and decide what I really need and what I dont and build an appropriate policy. do I need to be spending 4k+ a year for a bunch of shit that doesnt even make sense to submit a claim on at a 1% deductible and then you risk your rates going up or getting dropped? Can I get 20k+ into an account to cover a full roof replacement if I need it?
No hurricanes, no tornados, no eathquakes, wildfire is a small but not nonexistant concern, i have hvac but dont use it ever, roof is going but i will be replacing it soon with a steel roof. So other than a fire that starts inside my house, its not an area where we have issues.

As far as theft, i leave my keys in all my trucks, 24/7, great camera system and 6 dogs. Theft is a concern, but my valuables are locked up pretty good. What are they gonna get? A 65" 2 year old tv and bit by several dogs? If they are lucky, cause if i catch em, well, i dont talk about that on the internet.

To answer the OP's question- should this trend grow legs and impact more areas/expand to other insurance providers I wouldn't at all be surprised (especially if the current administration gets a 2nd term) for the government to respond with them having and being the solution and getting into the insurance game guaranteeing coverage for the economically disadvantaged homeowners.

Should that prediction come to fruition, the way I see it playing out is as follows- First there will be an exuberant media campaign where all the major news companies smear the "evil" insurance providers for being greedy and using "predatory" business practices that disproportionately impacts minorities and is all manners of adjectives that we're accustomed to such as racist, transphobic, sexist, etc. For weeks if not months this will be the leading story on all the MSM channels.

After a set amount of time, there will be a news conference hosted by the president with a speech focused on chastising Congress's inability to take action to "protect" it's people and as such they're creating a new government agency tasked with providing homeowners insurance that is Federally insured through an executive order. Of course there'll be a group of figureheads behind the president applauding this decision of taking divisive action and getting more face time in the media.

They'll also announce the new head of the newly formed Department of 'Whatever'. It'll likely be somebody with some name recognition, more likely than not a former governor or CEO aligned with the administration's politics. After the announcement the MSM will then switch gears talking about the virtues of the decision/executive action and gushing over how great of a choice the newly appointed department head was and of course sprinkling in regular reminders of the evil insurance companies.

Untold millions if not billions of dollars will be spent creating this new Department and all of the stuff that goes with it. They'll eventually push for more 'regulation' of the insurance companies as the result of their inevitable braintrust and will 'fund' it by the 'non-disadvantaged' groups by being forced to carry coverage that they don't deem necessary. In turn, the premiums will go up for all those with current policies and the 'disadvantaged' will get cheap if not free coverage guaranteed by the Federal government while those subsidizing it will pay significantly more for a now-garbage policy.

The MSM will then leverage the griping of people that saw their costs go up and coverage go down significantly and start a new campaign labeling those that are unhappy as racists, transphobic, sexist, whatever. The political platform will continue to pat themselves on the back on how great they are and never miss an opportunity to bring it up on how they took care of the 'little man'. And after all is said and done, we'll have a larger federal government, higher taxes, more expensive premiums with lesser coverage, another increase in the Federal deficit, and what we'll have to show for it is constant media reminders on how great this was for us and reassuring us that the government solved all of our problems.

I don't know if I missed anything and truly hope that my tinfoil hat is on a few sizes too small but that's how I see it unfolding to the question of 'what are people with mortgages going to do'.

-LD

If I am not wrong we already have that in the form of Federally backed/guaranteed flood and hurricane insurance in certain parts of the country. Not a stretch for them to expand that to "forest fires" "hail storm area's" "tornado alley" etc....

Mortgage holder says 100% of mortgage value in an escrow account would satisfy them... thats north of 350k... and thats dumb... if I have 100% of my mortgage value sitting around im paying the bitch off and fuck off with your insurance requirement...

Okay…that sounds crazy. I’m going to let that sink in a bit.