• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Coming to Texas? Read this first

Texas_Rick

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2007
Woodway, Texas
Texas

This summer, please consider Texas as your vacation destination! But, please be aware of the rules:

1. That slope-shouldered farm boy did more work before breakfast than you'll do all week at the gym. He doesn't need your respect, but he sure as heck deserves it.

2. It's called a 'gravel road.' No matter how slow you drive, you're going to get dust on your BMW. We have four-wheel drives because we need it. Drive it or get it out of the way.

3. We all started hunting and fishing when we were nine years old. Yeah, we saw Bambi. We got over it.

4. Any references to "corn fed" when talking about our women will get your butt kicked.....by our women.

5. Go ahead and bring your $800 Orvis Fly Rod. Don't cry to us if a flathead breaks it off at the handle. We have a name for that little 13-inch trout you fish for......bait.

6. Pull your pants up. You look like an idiot.
7. If that cell phone rings while a flock of dove are coming in, we will shoot it. You might hope you don't have it up to your ear at the time.

8. That's right. Whiskey is only two bucks. We can buy a fifth for what you paid in the airport.

9. High School Football is as important here as the Lakers and the Knicks...and a dang sight more fun to watch.

10. No, there's no "Vegetarian Special" on the menu. Order steak. Order it rare. Or, you can order the Chef's Salad and pick off the two pounds of ham and turkey. Yeah, we have sweet tea. It comes in a glass with two packets of sugar and a long spoon.

11. You bring Coke into my house, it better be brown, wet, and served over ice, or in a can.

12. So you have a sixty-thousand dollar car. We're real impressed. We have quarter of a million dollar cotton stripper that we drive three weeks a year.

13. Let's get this straight. We have only one traffic light in some towns. We stop when it's red. We may even stop when it's yellow.

14. Our women hunt, fish, and drive trucks....because they want to. So, you're a feminist. Isn't that cute.

15. Yeah, we eat catfish....carp too....and turtle. You really want sushi and caviar? It's available at the bait shop.

16. They are pigs, cattle and oil wells. That's what they smell like. Don't like it? Get over it. I-40, I-20 and l-10 go two ways and I-35 and I-45 go the other two.... Pick one.

17. The "Opener" refers to the first day of deer season. It's a religious holiday held the closest Saturday to the first of November. You can even get breakfast at the church.

18. So most people in pickups wave. It's called being friendly. Try to understand the concept.

19. Yeah, we have golf courses. Don't hit in the water hazards. It spooks the fish.

20. We have counties the size of your states. While driving, you should fill up your gas tank and drain your family every chance you get.

21. That thing on a rack in the back window of some pickups....it's probably a gun. Get over it.

Now, enjoy your visit and then go home.

Re: Coming to Texas? Read this first

You know why Texas has not fell off in the golf yet right………..because Oklahoma sucks. JJ Force
wink.gif

Gee, Toto; I guess we're not in Kansas anymore...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308zone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know why Texas has not fell off in the golf yet right………..because Oklahoma sucks. JJ Force
wink.gif
</div></div>
Hey, LOOK at the location!

Golf is how it's pernounced, dol-gurnnit!

Kinda like Idaho cricks and southern Utah carn, only different.

So, in how many regions do people shrug and say "same difference" to end discussions like this?

Same diffrince.