• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Comments

Jedi

Team AndiCapp
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2003
Mountains
<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/87438067" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen="" height="281" width="500"></iframe>

Thoughts/comments

So......do you have any info about the incident leading up to the video?

My guess is: They got dispatched for a large fight at a bar (probably involving students from Towson University). It had to be pretty bad for a State Trooper to be there. I'm not 100%, but I believe Golden Ring Barrack to be a traffic barrack (as opposed to full service barracks on the Shore)- so the Trooper was probably responding to a call for backup. Cops show up, lock up those who need it, then try to clear the streets of crowds from having another issue like this one:

Violence erupts among crowd of thousands in Towson - Baltimore Sun

Obviously, all the events leading up to the video are (mysteriously) missing, as are the events after the video when the girl says "They locked up so-and-so", and a male voice (presumable the videographer) says "Fuck that".

This video is a great pointer as to what I tell my guys....."Act as if the Camera is on you at all times, then it's not a shock when you end up on Youtube".

Nothing worth seeing here. The kid with the camera was instigating a fight with the fat cop and walked away. I did see that lady's ass crack though so that was cool.

Jedi,

I'm curious as to your thoughts/ comments. You put the video here for us to see, yet have said nothing. Do you have anything important to say, or are you waiting for others to drive the bandwagon so you can jump on it?

Comments,? I think that the guy doing the filming has grounds for a massive lawsuit. It began, at very least, when the cop said in response to his statement, " I have rights." to which the cop replied "No you don't." and then cursed him. If he doesn't sue hes a pussy and deserves what he got.

Other than that Im kinda sick of seeing this shit repeatedly posted here.

Aren't there forums for this?

Frankly, you take the return of good weather, masses of self-centered, boozed-up sub-21s who are burned out from a year of school and not looking forward to final exams, and this is invariably what you get. You would hope that the response would be a seamless display of professionalism, but exceptions happen, especially when provoked.

And here's a real knees-up, just so our cousins across the pond don't feel left out:

Unfortunately, it all makes for good press, and we do nothing to lessen the expectation, especially in that last example, that we'll take notice.

And the purpose of the video was? Yes, they have the right to video, but they do not get to dictate where they do so or to interfere with the police who are attempting to calm down a situation that looks like it could have easily escalated.

Will say, I would cringe if I was on a call and overheard one of the other officers tell someone they don't have the freedom of speech and that they just lost it.

24gn4pd.jpg

Attachments

• Hippybeat.jpg
    Hippybeat.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 8
Fucking useless troll. How's that for a comment?

Worthless as always Slap, if your unable to debate topic then dont post. Yes i,m sure you prefer we all just mindlessly comply, and pretend that incidents like this dont happen

My take or what i saw
Cop walks across street to confront camera guy (why?)
and then tells cam guy to get out of his face, that made zero sense

Cop stating "you just lost your rights', ref free speech

I dont see why cops even approached cam guy, explain that? it makes zero sense

My take seemed like baiting me, i dont get why they even addressed this guy. I dont get it period
Is filming LE illegal?
With all the freakin cell cams out there, how can this kind of response make any sense

Slinky and Veer
good input, shame others are incapable of same

Vid entrapment seems to be an issue, however that does NOT excuse the actions of those being baited
Cam guy seemed to be fully aware of his rights, which to me means setup

As stated before i dont understand why they even gave this guy time of day

That would depend on WHEN the video was made. Wasn't until recently in MD that you could not video Police without their consent. Read that as saying you could not get caught taking video of the Police until recently.

Worthless as always Slap, if your unable to debate topic then dont post. Yes i,m sure you prefer we all just mindlessly comply, and pretend that incidents like this dont happen

My take or what i saw
and then tells cam guy to get out of his face, that made zero sense

Cop stating "you just lost your rights', ref free speech

I dont see why cops even approached cam guy, explain that? it makes zero sense

My take seemed like baiting me, i dont get why they even addressed this guy. I dont get it period
Is filming LE illegal?
With all the freakin cell cams out there, how can this kind of response make any sense

Slinky and Veer
good input, shame others are incapable of same

Vid entrapment seems to be an issue, however that does NOT excuse the actions of those being baited
Cam guy seemed to be fully aware of his rights, which to me means setup

As stated before i dont understand why they even gave this guy time of day

You're not interested in learning anything here. Given your post history on these types of topics its clear that you've already made your mind up on where you stand regarding the subject at hand. Your only reason for posting this was to elicit reactions and draw more controversy to the site. As if the 17 other cop threads this week weren't enough.

Like I said before, you're a useless troll looking for attention. Silly me that I give it to you. Perhaps its time to seek out the ignore button.

Are Fucktard and Douche Nozzle still available?

Fucktard is totally allowed for all things that describe fucktarded fucktards doing fucktarded stuff. Douche, however is a tool that cleans our favorite place so we can eat nice tasty sweetness and should not be used. In place feel free to use ENEMA NOZZLE as this goes right where the shit is, the dirty, slickened, greasy, stain upon the cotton of of the butthugger fucktardness things we love to hate

Oh yes, please, so much more of this! ALL HIPPIES MUST DIE! With bat and with hickory anoint them all to your hearts content!

Fucktard is totally allowed for all things that describe fucktarded fucktards doing fucktarded stuff. Douche, however is a tool that cleans our favorite place so we can eat nice tasty sweetness and should not be used. In place feel free to use ENEMA NOZZLE as this goes right where the shit is, the dirty, slickened, greasy, stain upon the cotton of of the butthugger fucktardness things we love to hate

Tush, I mean Touche. LMAO

You're not interested in learning anything here. Given your post history on these types of topics its clear that you've already made your mind up on where you stand regarding the subject at hand. Your only reason for posting this was to elicit reactions and draw more controversy to the site. As if the 17 other cop threads this week weren't enough.

Like I said before, you're a useless troll looking for attention. Silly me that I give it to you. Perhaps its time to seek out the ignore button.

Again failure to engage topic, why not attempt that vs resorting to personal attacks
If you can not add anything dont post, 17 other cop threads is kinda telling. i,m sure in all of them you response is similar ... attack op as your unable to engage topic.

Worthless as always, and 17 other threads also have you insightful responses, lucky us

OMG the ignore button ... really

Again failure to engage topic, why not attempt that vs resorting to personal attacks
If you can not add anything dont post, 17 other cop threads is kinda telling. i,m sure in all of them you response is similar ... attack op as your unable to engage topic.

Worthless as always, and 17 other threads also have you insightful responses, lucky us

OMG the ignore button ... really

Kind of ironic that you chastise Slap for failure to engage topic, when you posted the video with "Thoughts/ Comments" as your entire original post. You posted no personal thoughts or particular insight. You couldn't provide facts of the events leading up to, or after the video. I feel that you posted the video in hopes of it being the next hot thread in the Pit (hoping to capitalize on recent threads that play on the emotions of the reader), but when it didn't quite catch on the way you hoped, you actually posted some worthwhile dialogue that generated somewhat meaningful discussion. If I'm off base in my assumption then I apologize.

As far as all the other cop threads, doesn't tell me much except for the folks who comment on them. Good or bad.

So I just ran into this video on another huge site (6 million users) and over there they are ranting about how the cop said "you have no rights" (or whatever he said) and there's a lot of cop hating going on over there from this video. But really, the kid was baiting the cop and the cop said some dumb shit but he didn't get arrested or clubbed so who gives a fuck, the cop didn't even trip on the camera like we see so often so... Really there are a million better videos to use as an example if you wanted to cast cops in a bad light, so I'm not sure why this one out of them all is getting this much play. I think the cop showed great restraint in not arresting this kid.

Actually like HB stated this clip has gotten alot of feedback, other than a single comment made in heat of moment the clip is pert tame
I,m not understanding the response, for sure there are clips that paint LE way worse than this.

Sorry i dont spoon feed folk, view the clip post your thoughts ... pert simple
No need to apologize, the topic is clip
I dont get it personally but i have stated that before, have seen way worse portrayals of LE
But this one hit a nerve, i dont think it warrants the response
thats my take
Posting info would not of given feed back i was looking for, once your opinion is tainted by the response of others it tends to be less objective