• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Compact Binos

DP425

I’d rather be sleeping
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2009
MI
I've searched and didn't really come up with much. I'm looking for some compact binos that will be durable for the field and run me under $400. I'd prefer under $300, but if the general consensus is that a pair for $380 is the way to go, I could swing it. Also, they need to be something I could get either locally (sporting goods store, gander mountain, cabela's), or have shipped so they arrive by Thursday afternoon. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Re: Compact Binos

Both Doug and Scott offer the fastest shipping in the industry. Scott is also very supportive of the gun rights crowd (us, LOL).

Cant go wrong with either guy.

If you want really small and really clear then Nikon has some new glass for you. They fit in a pocket and are the best pocket binos I have seen.
My suggestion is don't buy cheap binos. This is one area where you get what you pay for.

Forgive me, I'm new... who are Doug and Scott? And how do I get a-hold of them?

I was looking at Steiner Predator Pro 8x22 or 10x26. But from what I've looked at, there seems to be a pretty strong distaste for Steiner.

I love my leupold tactical 10x50

Small, tactical... whetever that may mean... and rugged. the MOLLE carry bag is awesome, the mildotreticle is rotating to allow estimation on canted objects or with canted binocs.... and the price is right.VERY VERY SMALL for a 10x50
Highly recommended.
My shooting partner alvaro bought one set and I followed as soon as I tried them.
Ed

I do love my Nikon scopes I use for hunting...

okay, I e-mailed both of them; cameraland had what looked like some nice deals on demo zeiss compact binos under $400. We'll see what they tell me!

Zeiss 8x20's
leica 8x20's
Vortex Viper 8x32's

That's what I'm looking at right now. The viper's aren't really in the same size class; I really need compact/miniture so I'm leaning toward the 8x20's... thoughts?

If you really need compact/minature then go with the Zeiss. Especially if you get the Victory T compact in your price range, that would be the way to go.

Leica's QC has been way too spotty for my tastes in this last year.

Scott

Ended up ordering the Zeiss 8x20 Victory T from cameraland (price was ridiculously low).

But, I must give Scott high marks for his speedy reply to my e-mail (at 10:30 at night none-the-less), and his honesty in pricing and recommendation. I will certainly be ordering from Scott in the near future!

I like my Steiner 8X30's. They came from Whatacountry.com and are used Israely military Bino's. He had like new for 175.00 and used good condition for 99.00 just awhile back.