• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Compact precision AR. 6mm ARC

wilb

Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2006
White Sulphur Springs, WV
Working on a compact as possible 1000 yard capable AR15 type precision rifle. Here it is so far:

73F5B4D9-B93A-40EE-92A9-EA1E2558202D.jpeg

That’s a BA barrel, MWI combat light rail, Colt M4 upper from Bromwell’s, JP bolt and carrier, S&B 5-20 ultra short and some fancy mount Gonna shoot it as soon as I find some 6mmARC ammo !!

18 Inch barrel, Scalarworks mount. That mount is perfect, like it was made for that optic.
I went with the MSR2 reticle.

Last edited:
Reactions: BikePilot
Interested to see your results! Waiting on a barrel myself

What barrel length?

I'm building a compact setup myself and went with a 12.5" barrel (used a BHW blank from Columbia River) in the interests of "as compact as possible" while still being effective at distance; mine is a 243 LBC since I already have a couple others in that chambering and will interchange brass and ammo, but functionally it's essentially the same thing as the 6 ARC. I'm seeing 2507 fps avg with the 105gr BTHP which should be doing right at 1200 fps at 1,000 yds at DA 0ft (sea level). That 12.5" barrel is only giving up ~250 fps compared to my 19" (also a BHW blank) with the same load, which is a lot better than I expected.

One thought - if it's a 1000 yd capable rifle, presumably it'll be set up to work well for prone shooting (since there aren't many benches in the field), but that grip in your pic sure has a lot of angle for prone. It's a comfortable grip and YMMV, but IMO a more vertical grip like Magpul's K2 or the B5 systems grips are more comfortable prone and easier to shoot well. That's pretty easy to change though if/when you wanted to down the road.

Any results?

Nice bar stools, btw. That was a good time in Chicago.