• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Compairing Reticles (TMR, MLR, EBR-3, EBR-2B) for ELR use

LR338nut

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2009
Umitilla County, Or
I own a few Mk4's with TMR's and Nightforce with the MLR and love the reticles. However Im considering a Razor with the EBR-3 or EBR-2B and my concern is the thickness of the reticle compared to the TMR and MLR. I would be using the Razor on my 338LM for use out to a mile or more and I don't know if the reticles will be too thick and cover the targets at longer distances.
Can anyone give me some personal insight on the Vortex vs MK4 vs NF reticles for ELR use?
Thank you.

I just got my vortex with ebr 3 reticle, I haven't shot it yet but the reticle seems very small even when zoomed to 20 x .I am somewhat concerned how small the reticle is at 5x as the mil hash marks are very fine. But as I said I haven't taken it to the field only in backyard which is very small. I don't really plan on shooting it too much at the lower powers anyway. I have used 2 different nxs models over the last 2 years and was very impressed with those but with the deal going on right now at europtic and mile high for 1300 you get the razor hd with several different choices of reticles I couldn't pass it up. I like it better than the bushnell ers as I thought that reticle was too big especially at 30x.