• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Companies that can recore supressors

Alabama556

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 15, 2008
    Birmingham, AL
    Besides Ecco ( I already have an email in to them), are there any other good companies that could recore a pistol suppressor for me?

I say pistol but it is a 300 whisper subsonic only can.

I am trying to get away from the aluminum baffles.

There a several that can recore but they do their own cans , not sure you will find anyone that would take on that liability of recoring another brands cans...
    Just my thoughts. Not all cans are built equally and can maintain specific pressures

You can get it done, but is it worth it? Curtis tactical will do it, but it's expensive.

Curtis Tactical

There are pretty decent suppressors at budget prices nowadays. Maybe look at the rex silentium line at $500. For $700 (including the stamp) you can have another can (modular too) for about around the same coin.

I'd pass and buy another one.

This is the quietest 300 can I have ever seen so I am going to get prices on a recore.

If it is too expensive then I will just keep dealing with it

This is the quietest 300 can I have ever seen so I am going to get prices on a recore.

If it is too expensive then I will just keep dealing with it
    Recoring it will effectively render it a new suppressor anyway. I doubt you'll find a company that's willing to fabricate new baffles from scratch to match the ones in your original can. You might, but that's probably going to be some serious coin.

It's more likely they'll turn down their own baffles to fit your tube.

Just keep it.

Recoring it will effectively render it a new suppressor anyway. I doubt you'll find a company that's willing to fabricate new baffles from scratch to match the ones in your original can. You might, but that's probably going to be some serious coin.

It's more likely they'll turn down their own baffles to fit your tube.

Just keep it.
    I would think new modern baffles might it better.

Here is what the stack looks like now.
    DDB369EA-12A2-42F7-BDA8-8D71420DBC6F.jpeg

I would think new modern baffles might it better.

Here is what the stack looks like now.View attachment 7811787
    I would think so, but you said it was the quietest suppressor on a 300blk you've ever seen.

If you recore it, it'll have new baffles and the suppression characteristics would change. It's effectively a new suppressor from an engineering perspective, just not from a legal perspective.

I don't see recoring an aluminum suppressor as being cost effective. Unless it has sentimental value there's no reason to recore over buying something new outside of the $200 tax and the wait. I was saying there are suppressors out for $500-$600 that would offer more durability than your aluminum can and probably better suppression for right around the same price as recoring. Plus you get to keep your original can.

To each his own though. Let us know how it goes if you recore.

Wait to hear from Nick at eccomachine, he will recore another brand, that is the whole principle behind a recore. Yes he does make all his own internal parts. He will give best options and cost.

I saw another new company offering it on InstaGram the other week, but had never heard of them before, so it didn't stick in my brain... Sorry.

I'd just wait for ECCO. They do the best work out there. The cleanest and most seamless, too.

Way better work than what was shown in the video and pictures of the new company I saw...Which is probably why I didn't even give it a 2nd thought. You could definitely tell it was cut and welded, even after cerakote. They didn't do any finishing with a grinder or fine-grit sanding disc after welding before cerakote. Not throwing any hate, but honestly, it looked like a garage-job. 🤷🏼

This is a vendor list from a form 1 group I am in. There are a few vendors other than ecco listed on it down in the “recore” section but haven’t used them personally.

Wait for Nick, or contact Spectrum Tactical. He's on the F1 board also.

Reactions: oso1
    If it was me, I would just do a form 1 and build my own but realize not everyone wants to go that route. It would be comparable in cost and likely a lot quicker than Ecco’s wait list right now and you would have another can. Just a thought.