• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Comparing Standard Remington 700 Long Action Vs. M24 Action (Actions Only)

Crazy1323

Private
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2013
Hey guys (and girls)

I just finished putting together a new rifle. Here are the details for those interested:

Remington 700P in 338 Lapua Magnum
Seekins 30MOA base
Laure Quick-Release rings
Nightforce 8-32 w/ ZeroStop and MOAR Reticle
Seekins Sling Rail
Harris Bipod w/ Larue quick attach mount
Triad Tactical stock pack

The action is a standard Remington 700 in size. However, I notice that it has the two screw holes in the rear of the receiver for rear iron sights like on the M24, which makes me think it might have something in common with the M24 action. Do any other Remington actions have these holes for iron sights?

Are there any differences in the standard Rem 700 LA vs the M24 other than the rollmarks and the screws for the rear sight? Are they made on the same line, additional QC, etc.

On a side note, do anyone know the thread of the two side screws? I want to get some screws to plug the holes and keep contaminants out.

Thanks,
Paul

I'm not at home near my kit, it should be 6-48 same as scope base. And it is for iron sights like redfield Olympic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are the hole for the scope base on the M24 6-48 like on the standard LA? Mine are 8-40 from the factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk