• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Compass iray help

glider

Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2013
Argyle NY 12809
Does anyone know how to calibrate and display compass setting? Not haven any luck here . Read manual, made figure eight and then screen times out .

Last edited:
Nope. No matter what gyrations and flailing about I do, I get the same behavior you do. Figure-8 pattern just times out.

Last edited:
No. I actually did NOT get it to work. Does same thing yours does. :cry:
I'll check mine when I get home.

Do yall know if there's a way to turn off the screen? Like a sleep mode? Would be good when it's flipped up on a helmet if the screen was off.

I'll check mine when I get home.

Do yall know if there's a way to turn off the screen? Like a sleep mode? Would be good when it's flipped up on a helmet if the screen was off.
Sleep mode is under settings advanced mode

No. I actually did NOT get it to work. Does same thing yours does. :cry:
Ga dang .
Maybe someone will advise .
Spoke to Todd UNV. He said after a couple of curvy curvies compass works. Seems like function has been locked out like laser

Compass "works" -- but is very imprecise. Calibration does NOT appear to work, at least with my unit.

Don't get the Bluetooth thing -- no video, but supposed can be "controlled" via BT? WTH does that mean?

Fortunately, I couldn't care less about those features. I'd REALLY like to be able to have the upper-left menu display go away and just see nothing but clean image -- like RealSkeet. Also, while the PVS-14 eyepiece makes it more adaptable to helmet use, there's still quite a bit of tunneling in the eye box, whereas RealSkeet is almost like the image is being projected directly onto your retinas. The plastic housing and orientation suck. The aperture objective cover is stupid. The menu system is meh with way too many disabled / unused features that you don't know are disabled or unused. It sucks down even the absolute best 16340's in 60-90 minutes, so an external pack is a necessity.

It's still a great little device for 1/3 the price of a RealSkeet, and is still the reigning low-cost image quality king, but there's also significant room for improvement.

Reactions: BamaSE and jwramp
Compass "works" -- but is very imprecise. Calibration does NOT appear to work, at least with my unit.

Don't get the Bluetooth thing -- no video, but supposed can be "controlled" via BT? WTH does that mean?

Fortunately, I couldn't care less about those features. I'd REALLY like to be able to have the upper-left menu display go away and just see nothing but clean image -- like RealSkeet. Also, while the PVS-14 eyepiece makes it more adaptable to helmet use, there's still quite a bit of tunneling in the eye box, whereas RealSkeet is almost like the image is being projected directly onto your retinas. The plastic housing and orientation suck. The aperture objective cover is stupid. The menu system is meh with way too many disabled / unused features that you don't know are disabled or unused. It sucks down even the absolute best 16340's in 60-90 minutes, so an external pack is a necessity.

It's still a great little device for 1/3 the price of a RealSkeet, and is still the reigning low-cost image quality king, but there's also significant room for improvement.
I thought BT was for the remote...Has anyone got the remote to work yet I just haven’t tried

I agree...got my compass to "work" based on the direction I was facing, but any movement I made wasn't correctly accounted for in the compass.

I think UNV was fiddling with more rugged housings for the MH25 but not sure that project went anywhere.

I never got one with either of my MH25 units. WTH could it possibly be used for? Makes no sense to me.

I never got one with either of my MH25 units. WTH could it possibly be used for? Makes no sense to me.
Mine didn't come with the 16650 battery extension. Trade you a remote for a battery extension. :ROFLMAO:

tunneling is like a movie theater, only thing to do is hold unit far enough away from eyeballs to fill up eye box

Last edited:
Reactions: TheHorta
I’ve had similar experience with the compass and rangefinder. There is no confirmation that the calibration is complete.

After half a dozen attempts the compass reading seems to be close but not perfect and it’s super slow to respond as you look around.

Nothing I’ve done seems to get the rangefinder to work. No matter what I either get the same number over and over (something like 22 m) or just ???

The BT remote runs the entire menu with a scrolling wheel to zoom just like on the unit. I think the BT remote would be great for keeping your hands in your pockets on a cold night while the unit is helmet mounted. I can get it to pair and work, but after 1 minute of inactivity it drops the pairing. I gave up trying to use it.

I’d like to hear if anyone can figure out how to get those features working.

I think the comment about the menu is interesting.

I rented a unit from UNV to try out and as you said the upper left menu never went away.

Not long after I did the rental, I found a used one somewhat local to me advertised for sale. I was able to meet in person and try it out to verify everything worked so I bought it. In the unit I have now, the upper left menu disappears at the same time as the quick menu. I can’t find any setting to change that, so it must be a firmware revision somewhere along the line.

I think the comment about the menu is interesting.

I rented a unit from UNV to try out and as you said the upper left menu never went away.

Not long after I did the rental, I found a used one somewhat local to me advertised for sale. I was able to meet in person and try it out to verify everything worked so I bought it. In the unit I have now, the upper left menu disappears at the same time as the quick menu. I can’t find any setting to change that, so it must be a firmware revision somewhere along the line.

That’s good to know. I’m probably stuck with it, but I’ll see if there’s an software update.

My menu disappears.

Also, found my remote. I might actually have a use for it.

IMG_2852.jpg

IMG_2853.jpg

FYI, my remote did not have a battery in it. Unscrew the four tiny screws and insert a CR2032. Pair the remote by activating bluetooth in the advanced menu and then holding the padded power button for 10-20 seconds.

I will definitely use mine. Going to stick it on my chest rig. Allows for zoom, quick power off/on, black/white/red/rainbow mode switching, and manual NUC. The quick power off/on is the real seller for me. Hate leaving my thermal on when flipped up...it's like having a small flashlight on your head pointed right at your prey.

No remote came with either of my UNV CoronaSkeets. Menu hangs in upper left permanently. Maybe there’s a setting? I can’t find it.

The Nox will crush the ChinaSkeet in every department save for image quality and internal shutter (and visible laser, if you use it). Personally, I think the Nox is the smarter buy, even at a >$2K premium.

Mine didn't come with the 16650 battery extension. Trade you a remote for a battery extension. :ROFLMAO:
UNV has the 16650 battery extenders in stock, but not on the website. Talk to Rich if you still need one. Ordered a 2 pack of 16650 Keepowers off Amazon. Already had the charger.

Reactions: Bevo and TheHorta
UNV has the 16650 battery extenders in stock, but not on the website. Talk to Rich if you still need one. Ordered a 2 pack of 16650 Keepowers off Amazon. Already had the charger.

Rich hates me. He no longer replies to my texts.

We used to be in love. But he’s lost that luvin’ feeling.