• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories SOLD......Compass Lake Engineering AR15 Match Barrel $400.00

Thumper580

Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2013
Mechanicsville, VA
I had Compass Lake build me a Match Barrel for my target AR15 (223). I already had another match barrel on it but if that one shot so well then a Compass Lake would be amazing. They finished it in March/22. Has a .930 gas block section (I have a low profile gas block that I can include). It's a 1/7 twist made from a Bartlein blank, 20" long. It has a CLE chamber. It has the smaller diameter muzzle to slide on a peep sight.
Guess what??? It shoots the same as the Lilja.... Exactly 100 rounds down it with proper break in. I paid $620.00 to my door. Will sell for $400.00 shipped in the CONUS. While sliding the SLR gas block (.930) on and off there are minor chaffing rubs where it seats...... Just want to be open and clear.......

Description of a CLE chamber..
The CLE match chamber is basically the same as a .223 SAAMI spec chamber with a modified lead angle in the throat. The CLE chamber has a 1.5 degree lead angle per side where the .223 is over 3 degrees. This allows for less bullet jump with out of the magazine ammo yet still providing an advantageous lead angle for modern high ballistic coefficient bullets. The Wylde chamber is .002 bigger in the cartridge case area and has a longer throat.
On the average the CLE chamber will shoot 23% smaller groups with out of the magazine ammo. The CLE match chamber will give better barrel life due to the shorter throat and gives slightly higher pressure.
There has been no problem shooting PMC, Lake City and IMI .556 Rounds out of the CLE chamber.
IMG_20220405_185549006.jpg
IMG_20220405_185632227_HDR.jpg

Last edited: