• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Compatible KAC upper, to use the suppressor

Steamedliver

Private
Minuteman
May 23, 2019
Thanks to the great help in this thread.

Updates and preamble. I now I have 2 KAC SR-25 Match rifles. One has the threaded gas block (in the above link) and my latest one does not. I am getting a custom suppressor made for the threaded gas block, but I do NOT have it yet. Serials on the upper matches the lower.

My latest rifle has NO way to attach a suppressor to it. I absolutely want to use a suppressor and I rather not cut up my current upper. I am open to cutting it up, but its not my first choice unless if y'all tell me its the best option. I also would need someone to do it correctly (I have the parts, listed below).

If I could find a KAC threaded gas block, that would be the best plan. However, I can not find one that isn't attached to a complete upper.

Getting this out of the way. If I wanted to shoot 308, I have several choices. I am going for a specific look, but faked. I want to make a KAC compatible upper, not a clone correct upper.

Requirements. I absolutely want to use the SR-25 Rifle suppressor or the M110 suppressor. I absolutely enjoy that look. So either suppressor is fine, you tell me you opinion on why one is better. I am leaning towards the M110 because I have seen in in stock more places, my only reason.

Aside from the suppressor requirement, I'm open to advice.

I have an upper receiver that fits on the KAC lower
I have a KAC mk11 rail, and it fits the upper receiver.
I have the gate latch gas block
I have the KAC bolt carrier (no bolt)

Most importantly I need a compatible barrel and bolt. I do not need a "clone correct" barrel. However I do want a quality barrel.

I am NOT opposed to having this professionally assembled. My budget is around $2500 for the upper (minus the suppressor and optics), and I have spent about $1000 so far.

If I were you I'd abandon all the gas block suppressor mount shit and go with the QDC, the current attachments. Leave the factory gas blocks in place and just change the flash hider out.

QDC weighs half as much, is half as long and has the exact same performance according to KAC. Reflex cans SEEM like a good idea and make sense, but in practice they just haven't been performing.

The MAMS brake is one of the best brakes I've ever seen but I understand it affects accuracy so depending you may wanna just stick with flash hider mounts. They're cheaper anyway.

QDC is a badass can and its performance surprised me. Probably one of the best all around cans in every category. They make a PRS model that's 1" longer now and if they had it then I probably would have gotten it. The short QDC is really a moderator and not a true suppressor, stick with the full size or PRS models. They ain't cheap so I'm just grateful I have the one I have.

The gas blocks with the thread on lock nuts are really the way to go and I wish they'd catch on with the rest of the industry and become the new standard in AR's across the board. It eliminates the problem with the uneven bump Krieger mentions, eliminates the piss poor method of relying on set screws or clamps on all but range toys, eliminates the problem of installing one uneven because they index in place like the barrel does, eliminates the problem of trying to install a gas block on tight or one piece FF tubes (like KAC URX4, which to do right took me a few hours yesterday and that's with experience doing it) and eliminates all the time spent doing it the other way. Yeah, I wish they all were like that.

The SR25 Match doesn't have a threaded barrel, there is not a way to mount a suppressor on that upper. The Match rifles came with a threaded or unthreaded gas block. I am referring to the unthreaded version.

I just like the look of the M110 rifle / suppressor combo. I understand the performance is the same to modern cans that are lighter and smaller.

Honestly, if I was going to lug around a semi auto suppressed 308, it wouldn't be a SR25 Match with a 24 in barrel and reflex suppressor.