• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk Competition belt, battle belt?

Misfit_

The Crimson Ghost
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2019
For PRS what are most of you using to carry one or two mags, possibly dump pouch. Just a simple belt with clip on mag holders or battle belt with Molle mag holders and the whole nine?

I use the two piece gun belt with g code mag pouches. Works good. I keep the dump pouch on my backpack and use it for brass

Reactions: Misfit_
I wonder what hoops you guys wearing only belts have to jump through when dealing with stupid rules concerning tripods?

Lots of matches who hate those who use tripods, now are saying the tripod has to be collapsed and attached to the pack.

I've asked some MDs the question of what if you're not running a pack and only a belt, how does that work, and all you get is the blank stare.

Reactions: 308pirate
I use a HSGI Operator belt with two mag pouches and a kydex Kestal holder. I asked around when I was looking and everyone I spoke to said that HSGI builds belts that last, so I bought one.

I use a HSGI Operator belt with two mag pouches and a kydex Kestal holder. I asked around when I was looking and everyone I spoke to said that HSGI builds belts that last, so I bought one.
If i went the battle belt way i was looking at HSGI or BlueforceGear

A cadex pouch for spare mag on a belt. Nothing fancy. I've seen all, from war belt (mag pouches/ifaks/dump pouch/etc) to absolutely nothing.

Most impressive was a female shooter who showed up in a minivan wearing nothing but running shoes, leggings and a tank top, hair in a bun, shot the match, picked up her brass and went home....

i have all the specialized gear for uspsa, 2&3 gun etc, but for prs it's just mags in back pockets.

I wonder what hoops you guys wearing only belts have to jump through when dealing with stupid rules concerning tripods?

Lots of matches who hate those who use tripods, now are saying the tripod has to be collapsed and attached to the pack.

I've asked some MDs the question of what if you're not running a pack and only a belt, how does that work, and all you get is the blank stare.

I’m assuming that’s a local match? If so, just do whatever the squad is ok with.

If an MD has that big of a problem with that…..stop shooting the match.

Reactions: Mormegil87
Longtucky supply fanny pack is what you're looking for. I love this thing.

longtuckyfannypack.jpg
Screen Shot 2023-03-01 at 7.41.03 AM.png

(I was in the background of this photo, so sorry for the blur)

I run mine with a Cole-tac kestrel pouch on one side, and an esstac kywi 7.62 short on the other side for my AW mag. I usually have three mags loaded up at a time in the pack. Two in the back, one in the Esstac.

Damn that’s gangster
List of things I keep in it during a match:
  • Cole tac cheat sheet cards
  • Reticle print out
  • Match pamphlet folded once over
  • Pen
  • Sharpie
  • Dry erase
  • Chapstick
  • Mags
  • Kestrel
  • TQ
  • Eyedrops
All my other gear stays in my pack, hanging from my tripod hook.

I use a kore essentials EDC gun belt. Nice and looks like a regular belt but comfortable and stiff for mags and with the ratchet adj it's always adjusted perfect. I just carry one mag pouch.

I just use a basic belt and a single extra mag carrier on it now. Used to wear a full SOTech padded belt set up years ago but don’t see a need now.

Belt and mag pouch/holster.

I use an Arc'teryx riggers belt with an HSGI Taco for a spare mag, but plenty of options that will work.

The only thing I might switch, is going with a kydex mag pouch and a Kestrel pouch. Still pretty basic, I just don't see a need for a battle belt.

Yeah, sweet at supporting a ton of anti-gun crap. Use it as a target hanger and support a more worthwhile company.

Oh wow, I bet your the life of the party.

You got me, it was a joke, I don’t know what brand my belt is, Levi is just what came to mind….. it IS leather tho, do we hate leather too or???….