• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Competition/BR Seating Dies for Progressives

dan46n2

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2006
Are there any good competition/benchrest seating dies that will work in a progressive (Dillon 650) press. I have read that a lot of them won't fit, too short I think.

Re: Competition/BR Seating Dies for Progressives

I use the Redding comp seater in my 550. Not sure if there will be an issue in the 650, but I can't see why not. You should use the press without the auto index if possible when loading the rifle rounds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: palmik</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use the Redding comp seater in my 550. Not sure if there will be an issue in the 650, but I can't see why not. You should use the press without the auto index if possible when loading the rifle rounds. </div></div>

Does the 550 use the same toolhead as a 650. I think the reason some of these dies won't work is beacuse the 650's toolhead is too thick.

No, the 650 toolhead has 5 stations and is U shaped. The 550 has a square shaped toolhead and has 4 stations. Ask Brian Enos is the die will work in the 650.