• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Competition Dynamics, NRL Hunter, Team Match Selection help.

sbernier123

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2017
Looking for some help selecting a specific match for 2023. Looking for the "find, range, engage" format that is offered by NRL Hunter, Competition Dynamics or some other series. Having shot a lot of PRS, but wanting to try something new, and preferably would like to shoot the match as a team with a buddy. Being located in the northeast, I'm looking for a match to travel to outside my region, for a match that isn't PRS. Is there a specific match that stands out, that is worth travelling for? Basically, which match would you attend in the US, if you could only go to one? Thanks!

You might like the Competition Dynamics team challenge if you want physical. If you want a little easier, the Team Safari is a good one as well.

There’s a hunter match in SoCal next month if you’re interested in that.

The CD team safari would be an excellent choice, the format is well established and you will get an excellent field match experience, especially with a partner.

These are a bit dated but what you see is what you'll get..... highly reccomended!

There are lots of good ones. I think that if you can only do one, it'd be more important to nail down exactly what you want. For example, if the team aspect is really important to you, I think maybe NRLH isn't the best option. Are you willing to travel or is proximity a major consideration? Do you want there to be a physical component? If so, how physical do you want it to be? There are just a bunch of really cool matches across the US. You get to pick exactly what you want. Buyers market for team matches haha

I'll always plug Guardian Team Match. Can't go wrong shooting for charity

You can shoot NRL Hunter matches as a team (at least you could last year, anyway). Its straight up find-range-engage shooting.

CD Team Safari has a carbine that gets unlimited rounds at 3 targets, and a bolt gunner that gets 1 round at 6 targets, plus both members shoot assault stages on Friday and Saturday.

I haven't shot any Hunter matches in the team format, but I imagine it would be fun. Team Safari was an absolute blast, and I'm kicking myself for waiting so long to do it.

CD's (Burris Optics) Team Challenge is pretty much my favourite match and a great choice if you're looking for something relatively physical. Otherwise Team Safari is great without the physical component.

If you have a partner in mind already, and they're a strong gas gunner...the CD matches are a ton of fun. If you want a lower round count bolt gun focused format the NRL Hunter is tough to beat. Basically, you can't go wrong with either one. NRL hunter has a weight limit of 16lbs for open heavy if that will be a concern.

I have to travel by jet to shoot any kind of match... that being said, the NRL Hunter series has some amazing venues, and I find it a real challenge to travel to places you have never been and work to use your equipment in almost these different environments. I want to try one as a team someday as well.